Can I block access to specific websites or web services on my Acer Predator Connect W6?
If you want to block access to specific websites or web services on your Acer Predator Connect W6, you can use the Parental Control function to do so. For instructions on how to setup Parental Control, see below.
- Connect a LAN cable to any of the LAN ports of the Predator Connect W6 (or connect via Wi-Fi).
- Open an internet browser on your computer and type one of the following into the search bar of your browser:
- Enter your admin password.
When you login for the first time, you need to use the default admin password that can be found on a sticker at the bottom of the device.
- Click on Log in.
- In the menu, click on Home Network Security.
- Click on Parental Control.
- In the Parental control section, toggle the switch to enable the:
- Web & App controller to block categories and services such as streaming services and adult content.
- URL controller to block content based on provided website URLs.
- After enabling the required feature(s), click on the + sign to create a new rule.
- On the Website tab, choose a device from the Device list dropdown menu. The Device name, MAC address, and Status of the chosen device will automatically be filled out.
The Acer Predator Connect W6 will block content for connected clients based on the MAC address of the connected devices.
- Scroll down to Category, check the boxes of the specific services you would like to block, for instance streaming services or adult content, and then click on Apply to activate the rule.
- If you also enabled the URL controller, then go to the URL tab to block access to a specific website, and choose a device again.
- Then scroll down to Internet access limit time, set the Start time and End time, select the days you want the URL to be blocked in the Repeat section, and click on Apply to activate the rule.