How can I update the software version of my Acer Predator Connect W6?
To check for and install software updates on your Acer Predator Connect W6, follow the steps below.
- Connect a LAN cable to any of the LAN ports of the Predator Connect W6 (or connect via Wi-Fi).
- Open an internet browser on your computer and type one of the following into the search bar of your browser:
- Enter your admin password.
When you login for the first time, you need to use the default admin password that can be found on a sticker at the bottom of the device.
- Click on Log in.
- In the menu, click on System.
- Click on Firmware update.
- The current software version will now be displayed next to Current version.
- Click on Check new. The Acer Predator Connect W6 will now check for the latest software version. If a new software version is available, the software will be downloaded to your router automatically.
Note: Do not power off your Predator Connect W6 during the update process as this may cause update failure.
- When the Firmware update window pops up, click on the Finish button.