This article only applies to: TMP214-52 models
Some TravelMate P214-52 models include a storage bay that allows for installation of a secondary 2.5" hard drive. Use the steps below to install a secondary drive in your system.
Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system.
- Remove the AC adapter and make sure your system is completely powered off.
- Remove the twelve screws securing the lower case.
- Start at the hinge and carefully pry up the lower case to release the plastic clips that hold the lower case in place. You may need to use a plastic pry tool designed to work on electronics to get started.
- Work your way around the system to release all of the plastic clips that hold the lower case in place, then lift up on the lower case to remove it.
- Remove the mylar tape and disconnect the battery from the mainboard. Set the tape aside for later use.
- Install the hard drive carrier onto the hard drive, then attach the 4 screws to secure it in place.
- Connect the hard drive cable to the hard drive.
- Align and install the hard drive module into the empty slot and secure it with four screws.
- Remove the mylar tape from the mainboard and disconnect the two wireless LAN antenna cables (black & white cables). Set the tape aside for later use.
- Connect the Hard Drive cable to the mainboard.
- Connect the wireless LAN antenna cables, and reinstall the adhesive tape you removed in step 9.
- Connect the battery and apply the mylar tape.
- Install the lower case and push firmly around the edges to secure it, then reinstall the 12 screws to secure it.