Swollen Battery Aspire a715-71g

norb1100
norb1100 Member Posts: 3 New User
Touchpad on my laptop popped because battery expanded a lot.
Aspire a715-71g 
Only had it for 2 years and wanted to know  how i can get new battery. Tried searching online but no luck.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    Try to go on Ebay, Amazon, or online retailer depending from where you live. Your battery model is AC14B8K. 
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • norb1100
    Battery in laptop is AC14B3K and when i was looking online i found same model number but capacity and voltage was different.
    That there i got confused, is it ok to use AC14B8K?

Thanks 
  • norb1100
    This is battery i found online, same model number but on the left says 15.2v 3270mAh but on the right 15.4v 3180mA. 
    Its hard to find genuine Acer batteries.
    Also, i know its out if warranty but shouldn't Acer replace swollen batteries for free? 
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    Those 2 models are almost the same. But I think you should stay with ac14b3k one. It has a bit different in capacity rating but it should work.
    They only do free replacement if the laptop is still warranty or that model has a recall.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    norb1100 said:
    Touchpad on my laptop popped because battery expanded a lot.
    Aspire a715-71g 
    Only had it for 2 years and wanted to know  how i can get new battery. Tried searching online but no luck.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

I am very sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue, please reply back with the information i have requested via private messaging to better assist you.

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny