Aspire E1-531 CPU Upgrade

Kemal2000Kemal2000 Member Posts: 4 New User
Which cpus are compatible with this laptop? It has pentium b960 and i would like to upgrade the cpu.

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

• LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 1,990 Community Aficionado
    Which Chipset do you have? If you are unsure install the INTEL cpu identifer, and post the chipset ID, this allows us to look it up :)  (  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28539  )

If you are on a HM77 chipset you can use upto the I5's 2nd gen as long as the TDP isnt too high, if you are on the HM70 the highest is the Core 2 B980 
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 

I'm a UK based techi, so apologies if my help links are for the UK region site! 
  • Kemal2000Kemal2000 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have HM70 chipset.
    I think that only supports the Pentiums, the i3 series doesnt play nice and will force off the laptop randomly, but going to the one up isnt much of an upgrade either :(https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/Intel/Pentium_Dual-Core_Mobile/B960.html
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 

one more question can i upgrade to pentium 2030m, i want to use android studio and virtualbox but my cpu doesnt support VT-x
    Accepted Answer
    Unsure, Here suggests the 2020m should work:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/395175/acer-e1-531-2801-cpu-support-list/p1

Which does support vtx, the 30 is pretty close so it *may* work but not 100% sure!

i meant 2020m thanks for the help