Options
2»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    check here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nicoadamo
    nicoadamo Member Posts: 24 Networker
    Options
    Interesting! "Double sided tape" it says, just what I thought of. Thanks for the unmounting procedure!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Accept the answers that helped you.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nicoadamo
    Options
    Hmm I've accepted you're answer, but this is quite binary. There's no such thing as "partially"...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I think you should have accepted the answer from colleague andylb too.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nicoadamo
    Options
    check here:

Finally that comment didn't apply here. The double sided tape was all along the metal support, so something like brute force was the only way to go...
    Anyway I'm sad because the display that arrived has many faults, dead pixels, flickering, etc. Check out :(

So now I have to evaluate negatively the eBay supplier... Let's look at the half full glass: At least I got the correct display model I was looking for...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When the display is mounted, post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nicoadamo
    Options
    When the display is mounted, post the result here.

Oooh I did wrong... I quoted your post about the removal of the metal support... I'll prepare a new one.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Enter the model of the display you purchased.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nicoadamo
    Options
    nicoadamo said:
    I've just received the mysterious display! The model is NV156FHM-N45, which according to the PaneLook.com [1] is not IPS but something very similar called ADS - Note IPS is LG proprietary, so brand BOE might have used a different name for a similar development or technology.
    So far I didn't have the time to install it, but I foresee it will not be easy because some metal pieces need to be unglued from the original and glued into the new one. I don't even know what material use as cement... Double faced tape could do it possibly...
    I'll let you know how things result later.

Edgy, I've put the model on July 8th.
    After installing, I've seen it's pretty damaged as I've shown in the following picture:

• nicoadamo
    Options
    There seems to be compatibility with 2 other models (both AHVA ~ IPS): B156HAN02.2 by AUO and LP156WF9-SPC1 by LG.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked the edp cable connection?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nicoadamo
    Options
    Yes, many times... It's clearly a faulty display, because it's sensible to pressure in the affected area.
    Luckily the seller asked me if I wanted a refund or a replacement, and after confirming the latter, he'll send me a new piece.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! When you install the new display, post a photo here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nicoadamo
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Finally I was able to get the screen / panel / display from the mailbox. The mail company (Correos Chile) held the package for several months due to lacking an invoice although it was a replacement of the faulty one.
    Luckily all went fine and here's the picture with the FHD Matte Display BOE NV156FHM-N45:

Thanks for your patience and hope the model helps whoever wants to display a compatible Acer laptop!