IPS Panel Model for ASPIRE 3 A315-42-R0W1-2

nicoadamo
nicoadamo Member Posts: 24 Networker
edited April 2020 in Aspire Laptops
Dear Community Members,

For the subject laptop I've seen in a store it has a TN screen, which has the pro of being mate, but the drawback of a poor viewing angle compared to an IPS display. Do you know which IPS Mate Display (FHD or higher) is possibe to use in that model?
Another question is regarding the HDD. I believe it has one of those M.2 models, which is not an issue, but I'm concerned if there's space to plug a SATA 2.5'' classic SSD drive.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Edited the content to hide personal information
Acer-Samuel

Best Answers

• nicoadamo
    Answer ✓
    I've just received the mysterious display! The model is NV156FHM-N45, which according to the PaneLook.com [1] is not IPS but something very similar called ADS - Note IPS is LG proprietary, so brand BOE might have used a different name for a similar development or technology.
    So far I didn't have the time to install it, but I foresee it will not be easy because some metal pieces need to be unglued from the original and glued into the new one. I don't even know what material use as cement... Double faced tape could do it possibly...
    I'll let you know how things result later.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    check here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nicoadamo
    Answer ✓
    Finally I was able to get the screen / panel / display from the mailbox. The mail company (Correos Chile) held the package for several months due to lacking an invoice although it was a replacement of the faulty one.
    Luckily all went fine and here's the picture with the FHD Matte Display BOE NV156FHM-N45:

Thanks for your patience and hope the model helps whoever wants to display a compatible Acer laptop!

Answers

• About the IPS panel, I think it is compatible. Is the display 15.6 "?
    On hdd, you will need this:
    M 2.0 x 4.0 1.8~2.2kgf.cm 4
    HDD BOARD 55.HF4N2.002
    FFC CABLE FOR HDD BOARD 50.HF4N2.001
    HDD BRACKET 33.HEEN2.002
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nicoadamo
    edited April 2020
    Thanks for the information on HDDs, but what I'm actually trying to find out is if there's space inside that model for a 2.5'' SATA SSD.
    About the panel, in an old post [1] some great people advised me on the model LP156WF4-SPL1, which for that Acer model worked great! Best panel I've ever had. But the newer subject laptop model has narrower edges, so for sure it's not even geometrically compatible. BTW yes, the new model is 15.6'' as well.

Regards,

Acer-Samuel
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Ceck out the compatible panels from the Acer Service Guide for your model
    You can add a 2.5” SATA SSD link below to Crucial for guaranteed compatible SSD’s for your model
    https://community.acer.com/en/categories/predator-laptops

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• nicoadamo
    andylb, thanks a lot for your answer, but none of the display models you showed are IPS. And the link you sent me to check on SSDs is clearly for predator models, and the model I'm asking begins with Aspire 3.
  • This model accepts 2.5 "ssds of up to 2tb without problems! On the IPS display, I believe that the 15.6" IPS display and with a 30-pin edp cable will work without problems.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nicoadamo
    Thanks a lot egydioCoelho, that's a partial answer to the issue of SSD. But as for the displays, the variety is huge! There are hundreds of part numbers, models, luminosity, technologies (TN, IPS, etc.), viewing angle, contrast ratio, etc. - I have no idea how to find equivalences.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    nicoadamo said:
    andylb, thanks a lot for your answer, but none of the display models you showed are IPS. And the link you sent me to check on SSDs is clearly for predator models, and the model I'm asking begins with Aspire 3.

My apologies I was answering 3 different questions at the same time and copied and pasted the wrong link lol

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• I found this information:

Therefore, I believe that the 15.6 "IPS models are compatible. I just couldn't find a list of these models.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nicoadamo
    edited April 2020
    egydiocoelho, that model could be the same chasis as the subject model, with the display I'm looking for. The part number (something like LP156...) would be missing only.

Regards,

Acer-Samuel
  • These models may work!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nicoadamo
    Hmm I just checked LP156WF6-SPK6, and it has some tabs for screws that the model suggested by andylb (B156HTN06.1) has not.
    So I'm not sure... which sources are you getting information from? Even the geometries are different.
  • I cannot confirm the veracity of this website. They just take the model name and paste it: https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Acer/ASPIRE 3 A315-42 SERIES/
    However, according to the service manual, this model does accept IPS!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nicoadamo
    I've finally purchased model A315-42-R0W1-3, with part number NX.HF9AL.00F
    Although the features mention an IPS display, it's clearly a TN type with poor viewing angles.
    Do you know hoy to get the display part number so I can search for an IPS Matte Full HD display compatible with it?

• nicoadamo
    Oooh I've found this beauty! http://secure.tx.acer.com/SPL/
    There I got some part numbers!
    KL.15605.050LCD LED 15.6W FHD NONE GLARE AUO B156HTN06.1 LF 220NIT 8MS 400:1 (EDP / NARROW BORDER / 3.2MM MAX / VALUE)LCDY
    KL.1560D.035LCD LED 15.6W FHD NONE GLARE CMI N156HGA-EA3 LF 220NIT 10MS 500:1 (EDP / NARROW BORDER / 3.2MM MAX / VALUE)LCDY
    KL.1560E.015LCD LED 15.6W FHD NONE GLARE BOE NT156FHM-N61 LF 220NIT 10MS 500:1 (EDP / NARROW BORDER / 3.2MM MAX / VALUE)
    I'll search now if some of those is IPS and let you know. Maybe it's useful for some others...
  • You can check your monitor like this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nicoadamo
    It seems I will not need a part number to get an IPS version of the display that comes with the laptop. I've come across this yesterday:

I'll let you know how things go when it arrives. Maybe it's useful information for other people.

Regards,

Nicolás Adamo

• OK! I would like to be informed.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nicoadamo
    Answer ✓
    I've just received the mysterious display! The model is NV156FHM-N45, which according to the PaneLook.com [1] is not IPS but something very similar called ADS - Note IPS is LG proprietary, so brand BOE might have used a different name for a similar development or technology.
    So far I didn't have the time to install it, but I foresee it will not be easy because some metal pieces need to be unglued from the original and glued into the new one. I don't even know what material use as cement... Double faced tape could do it possibly...

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,102 Trailblazer
    nicoadamo said:

Hi,
    I don't think the panel is glued, it is secured with the screws like in this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar9OGg-9dvM
  • nicoadamo
    Well, it's not that the display is glued to the chassis. It's glued to metal pieces and those are screwed to the chassis. This picture could show that better.