Upgrade Display of Notebook E5-551G-T1BP NX.MLEAL.001

Options
nicoadamo
nicoadamo Member Posts: 24 Networker
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Dear Sirs,

This laptop is quite nice, but although I've put dual channel memory and an SSD, I'm still not used to the screen. It's way too glossy and the definition is still low (1366x768).

So I'm planning to make a screen update as a lucky user was able to perform [1].

I've seen a screen with higher resolution, mate surface and IPS which seems beautiful to my eyes [2], but before making something wrong I'd like to make sure it's compatible. The connector in the subject laptop is in the left when looking at the display from the front, but in the product I've put the link the connector is in the right according to the pictures.

In order to ensure compatibility, can you provide me the screen part number to see if the new screen fits well?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nicolás Adamo

[1] http://community.acer.com/t5/E-F-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-E5-571G-screen-upgrade/td-p/393682

[2] http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/122339145176?

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,067 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi brummyfan2,

His laptop is equipped with the same eDP cable, LCD back cover and LCD bezel than the Aspire E5-571G stated in his message. As he would like a mate screen, I suggest him a LG LP156WF4-SPL1. According to the original panels, the connector is located on the right so it's weird.

France

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Could you please find the model name in your laptop using HWINFo64 program or similar program, I have tried to match your intended purchase with the compatible screens for your laptop, the position of signal interface look same, so there's no problem.

You also must make sure that you get the actual model you order and don't settle for a compatible one( cheaper different make), as you can see from my snip, the retailer clearly indicates that you may get a different make of screen from advertised screen make.

http://www.panelook.com/modelcompare.php?ids=21865,21828,21169

Capture.JPG

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,067 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi brummyfan2,

His laptop is equipped with the same eDP cable, LCD back cover and LCD bezel than the Aspire E5-571G stated in his message. As he would like a mate screen, I suggest him a LG LP156WF4-SPL1. According to the original panels, the connector is located on the right so it's weird.

France
  • brummyfan2
    Options

Hi Laurent,

Yes, it's a good choice, he said that the current screen has the connector is on the left side when look at it from front, the ebay advert shows the screen from back view of the screen, so the position reverses. All the screens compatible with his model seems to have the connectors on the right side.

http://www.panelook.com/modelcompare.php?ids=21865,21828,21169,22815

• laurent_14
    Options

Hi brummyfan2,

Front view: Left and Rear view: Right ...Hmmm... I was tired! Smiley Very Happy

France
  • brummyfan2
    Options

Hi Laurent,

No problem, just wanted to make sureSmiley Happy

• nicoadamo
    Options

Guys, thank you for quick, kind and helpful advise!

You're the best!

I'll order now the display, and as soon as I replace it I'll let you know of the results. I hope it works Smiley Tongue !!! I'm glad there are displays to upgrade and look forward so much to replace it!

Thanks ind advance,

Nicolás Adamo

• nicoadamo
    Options

Guys, today I received the new screen!

It took me only 10' to change it. At first I thought the connector was very delicate (once I broke a plastic one and had to use a thin plastic small piece of a game card to push the cable into the connectors), but it is rude-proof Smiley Tongue

The first boot after changing took 2 seconds more than usual (maybe BIOS/UEFI/MOBO detecting the new display, resolution, etc), but it was incredibly plug&play!

The new display is awesome! And I can't believe how easy it was to change it! Of course it wouldn't been such an easy task without your great advice, and I'm really thankful of you. These forums are excellent! The company *helps* the users!

It is now quite like the notebook I always wanted to have; except for the AMD A10-7300 (Kaveri, 28 nm) not being so energy efficient like high-end i7s (14 nm), but what the hell, I'm extremely satisfied with it. Maybe my next laptop would have those AMD Zen of 14 nm also, and Acer brand without any doubt.

If it helps anybody with similar display dissatisfaction and model, here's where I finally bought the display [1], after making sure they would sell me the model you recommended. It was my first purchase overseas by the way. I'm from Argentina but working in Egypt now. Custom clearance was just as expensive as the shipping cost, but with DHL I had my product in 5 days. Very quick!

Regards,

Nicolás Adamo

[1] https://www.aliexpress.com/item/G156HTN01-0-LP156WF4-SPL1-N156HGE-EBB-N156HGE-EAB-N156HGE-EB2-B156HAN03-0-LP156WF4-SPK2-LP156WF4-SPJ1/32447853663.html

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Well done and thanks for sharing your experience, glad for youSmiley Very Happy