My BIOS says it Write-Protected,but its disabled.

I bought a GPU,and I put it in,and it doesnt work,it works,but doesnt boot into windows.When I downloaded P01-A2 upgrade file,and when i wanted to run AFUWIN,it says BIOS:is write-protected.Current BIOS is P01-A1.I watched it ,and in security page,is disabled,I turned on,and its saying the same.I hope somebody willl help me.(sorry for my bad english.)
PC:Acer Veriton M4620G
CPU:i3-2130
Acer b75h2-am motherboard
FPS300-60EP(1) PSU

FAQ & Answers

• JordanBJordanB ACE Posts: 3,689 Pathfinder
    edited December 2020
    Hello @Miklos24

I believe you're trying to install the wrong BIOS.  I looked on Acer's website and there isn't a P01-A2.   There's a P11-A2L and P21.A2 which aren't compatible with your mainboard.  You already have the latest BIOS.  You can't install a P11.xx or a P21.xx on your legacy mainboard because you have a legacy BIOS---not a modern day UEFI.

Your BIOS is a P01.xx BIOS which means it's a legacy BIOS and it won't support a modern UEFI graphics card such as the one you're trying to install.

There's two different mainboards for your model.

1. Legacy BIOS ----P01.xx mainboard
    2.  Modern UEFI ----P11.xx/P21.xx mainboard

Unfortunately your mainboard won't support any modern graphics card even with a BIOS update....because your mainboard is an Acer legacy BIOS mainboard that lacks support for modern graphics cards.

Most all Acer desktop mainboards manufactured from late 2013 to present will support a modern graphics card.  Unfortunately it appears your mainboard was manufactured prior to 2013.  There was a transition period from late 2011 to late 2013 when the entire computer industry switched from legacy BIOS to modern UEFI (around the time that Windows 8 was coming out).  

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Miklos24Miklos24 Member Posts: 3 New User
    So there is no way to make my GPU work right?
    I'm not aware of any way to get your GPU to work.   Sorry.   

• Miklos24Miklos24 Member Posts: 3 New User
    NO,thank you.I was about to go with it to the service,and you just saved my money.I think I just try to sell it,without a gpu.
    You're welcome.  Sounds like a good plan.