RAM and SSD Upgrade for Aspire E5-473G

astroXoom
astroXoom Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

Acer Aspire E5-473G

4GB DDR3 RAM

1TB Hard Drive

RAM:

I want to upgrade my RAM upto 8GB, is it possible? What is the memory limit for this laptop?

Drive:

I want to upgrade into SSD. Does my laptop supports multi-drive (like 1 SSD and 1 HDD at the same time) or should I buy a whole 1TB SSD for my laptop?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,017 Trailblazer

Hello,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • astroXoom
    astroXoom Member Posts: 2 New User

NXG0HSP004

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,017 Trailblazer

Hello,

Thanks.

1. I want to upgrade my RAM up to 8GB, is it possible? What is the memory limit for this laptop?
      Yes, your laptop supports up to 16Gb - DDR3L - 1600MHz. See the specifications of your laptop: Link.
      You'll be able to find the brand and the part number of the current memory module of 4Gb with CPU-Z zipped version (no installation - SPD tab). Otherwise I suggest you these compatible memory modules: Kingston (same specs as E5-473).

2. Does my laptop supports multi-drive (like 1 SSD and 1 HDD at the same time) or should I buy a whole 1TB SSD for my laptop?
      Yes but you'll have to replace the ODD by the HDD because you only have two SATA sockets.
    France
  • Nickj1999
    Nickj1999 Member Posts: 2 New User

To see how much RAM and how much you can put in i reccomend going to ark.intel.com and putting in your prosessor info and reading what it says. I use that web site a lot. To see how many hard drives you can put in it you can look it up online or just open the laptop up and see for yourself. I have one of the newest aspire laptops and i have an M.2 slot for an ssd so you might have one too.

• enx
    enx Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, so you mean (if i'm not mistaken), I can move my HDD to the Optical Drive and put an SSD from the old HDD spot?

I've learned a lot from this post, thanks a lot Smiley Happy

• Fandi11
    Fandi11 Member Posts: 1 New User
    i want to upgrade my laptop with SSD M2. Does my laptop support with the SSD M2?

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Fandi11 said:
    i want to upgrade my laptop with SSD M2. Does my laptop support with the SSD M2?
    Hi,
    No, M.2 slots are not available in this model.

• Patrickpi242
    Patrickpi242 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Does Aspire E14 E5-473-67RJ have a M.2 slot ssd? 
  • Levi0207
    Levi0207 Member Posts: 1 New User
    is my laptop upgradeable? acer aspire e 14-473G-31DV
  • Ilylafin
    Ilylafin Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

Thanks.

1. I want to upgrade my RAM up to 8GB, is it possible? What is the memory limit for this laptop?
      Yes, your laptop supports up to 16Gb - DDR3L - 1600MHz. See the specifications of your laptop: Link.
      You'll be able to find the brand and the part number of the current memory module of 4Gb with CPU-Z zipped version (no installation - SPD tab). Otherwise I suggest you these compatible memory modules: Kingston (same specs as E5-473).

2. Does my laptop supports multi-drive (like 1 SSD and 1 HDD at the same time) or should I buy a whole 1TB SSD for my laptop?
      Yes but you'll have to replace the ODD by the HDD because you only have two SATA sockets.
    Mine Acer Aspire E14 E5-473G-367E
    2GB DDR3 Memory
    500GB HDD

Is it possible to upgrade it up to 8GB Memory and 500GB SSD??