RAM and SSD Upgrade for Aspire E5-473G

astroXoomastroXoom Member Posts: 2 New User

Acer Aspire E5-473G

4GB DDR3 RAM

1TB Hard Drive

RAM:

I want to upgrade my RAM upto 8GB, is it possible? What is the memory limit for this laptop?

Drive:

I want to upgrade into SSD. Does my laptop supports multi-drive (like 1 SSD and 1 HDD at the same time) or should I buy a whole 1TB SSD for my laptop?

FAQ & Answers

• laurent_14laurent_14 ACE Posts: 9,344 Trailblazer

Hello,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • astroXoomastroXoom Member Posts: 2 New User

NXG0HSP004

• laurent_14laurent_14 ACE Posts: 9,344 Trailblazer

Hello,

Thanks.

1. I want to upgrade my RAM up to 8GB, is it possible? What is the memory limit for this laptop?
      Yes, your laptop supports up to 16Gb - DDR3L - 1600MHz. See the specifications of your laptop: Link.
      You'll be able to find the brand and the part number of the current memory module of 4Gb with CPU-Z zipped version (no installation - SPD tab). Otherwise I suggest you these compatible memory modules: Kingston (same specs as E5-473).

2. Does my laptop supports multi-drive (like 1 SSD and 1 HDD at the same time) or should I buy a whole 1TB SSD for my laptop?
      Yes but you'll have to replace the ODD by the HDD because you only have two SATA sockets.
    France
  • Nickj1999Nickj1999 Member Posts: 2

To see how much RAM and how much you can put in i reccomend going to ark.intel.com and putting in your prosessor info and reading what it says. I use that web site a lot. To see how many hard drives you can put in it you can look it up online or just open the laptop up and see for yourself. I have one of the newest aspire laptops and i have an M.2 slot for an ssd so you might have one too.

• enxenx Member Posts: 1

Hi, so you mean (if i'm not mistaken), I can move my HDD to the Optical Drive and put an SSD from the old HDD spot?

I've learned a lot from this post, thanks a lot Smiley Happy

• Fandi11Fandi11 Member Posts: 1 New User
    i want to upgrade my laptop with SSD M2. Does my laptop support with the SSD M2?

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 16,668 Trailblazer
    Fandi11 said:
    i want to upgrade my laptop with SSD M2. Does my laptop support with the SSD M2?
    Hi,
    No, M.2 slots are not available in this model.

Please click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/27163405
  • Patrickpi242Patrickpi242 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Does Aspire E14 E5-473-67RJ have a M.2 slot ssd? 
  • Levi0207Levi0207 Member Posts: 1 New User
    is my laptop upgradeable? acer aspire e 14-473G-31DV