I hope you are doing Good.
Currently, I am using Windows10 and I want to remove Windows10 completely and want to install Ubuntu 20.04 as my primary OS. Can someone help with the detailed steps from scratch(From BIOS changes, To bootable USB, To installation process)
I took the backup of the current Windows10 in another Pendrive.
1) Details of my laptop
- Intel® Core™ i5-8300H processor
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- 8 GB of DDR4 system memory, upgradable to 32 GB
- 15.6" display with IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology, Full HD 1920 x 1080, Acer ComfyView™ LED-backlit TFT LCD
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
- Microsoft Office 2019 Home & Student
2) Bootable Ubuntu USB
I did a little bit of research and found these steps for making Bootable Ubuntu USB using Rufus
Partition Scheme: GPT
Target System: UEFI(non CSM)
File System: FAT32(Default)
Please correct me if I am wrong.
3) BIOS settings
Can you please suggest what modifications/changes need to be done in current settings?
Edited the content to hide personal information