SF314-42 doesn't wake up from sleep mode, Windows restarts instead, please help!

Zahary_pl
Zahary_pl Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

New laptop, updated bios (v1.03), tried with disabled hibernation, reseted battery, changed power settings - nothing helps.. 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning Zahary_pl !

Workaround ... DO NOT use Windows hibernate or sleep modes.
    Since the last patches, flaws have occurred in these modes, mainly in laptops, due to the direct access of the controllers to the power management.
    I recommend that you wait for a concrete fix from Microsoft

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Zahary_pl

Tinkerer

Thank you for the answer. 
    I don't have any issues with older (Intel) Acer Swift 3 i5-8250U
    You mean that the newest Acer (with AMD) are incompatible with Windows 10 (this year update - 2004) and I have to wait for Microsoft's update (?) And the only solution is to have "always on" laptop without sleeping/hibernate mode (?)
  • MaClane
    The incompatibility is not a matter of the hardware version, but of the controllers with the Windows patches.
    Definitely yes, only when Micrososft decides to correct the problem in general.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Zahary_pl

Tinkerer

@MaClane can you give me any link to MS, where they confirm this issue with Ryzen laptops ? Even when I disabled sleep/hibernation - my laptop still reboots and reports strange errors in event log: 
    - kernel-power id:41 (critical)
    - unexpected shutdown id:6008
    - volmgr id: 161

I want to be sure that these problems are not my hardware related, otherwise I can return/replace my new laptop.

• MaClane
    It is not in relation to your hardware but the Windows system.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• MaClane
    Microsoft will never admit publicly.
    The information I give you is highly proven, discussed and reported on different sites.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Zahary_pl

Tinkerer

@MaClane could you please give me a few links to these sites where this problem is discussed and reported ? 
  • Zahary_pl

Tinkerer

Finally I found the reason - that's Hyper-V, which can be disabled with command:
    bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
    When it is disabled - everything works OK. Laptop sleeps/wakes up without problems. 

I hope this issue will be resolved soon, because I need WSL2/docker in my work. 

Regards
  • Tarik02
    Tarik02 Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I have the same problem. Waiting for update, need WSL2, so disabled sleep.
  • kirmgrauza
    kirmgrauza Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    I've updated my Windows 10 to 2020 May version and problem is solved. 😊👍

You can download update here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
  • Tarik02
    kirmgrauza, are you sure? What is your build version (Win+R and type "winver")?
  • kirmgrauza
    Tarik02 said:
    Yes, it solved my problem. My version now is Windows 10 Home 2020 May. 😉
  • Tarik02
    Tarik02 said:
    I'm asking not about version, about build. I installed initially Windows 10 Pro 2020 May, but still had the problem. You said you have Home version. So, Hyper-V is unavailable, yes? The problem happens only when virtualization is used, but you just can't use it. So, problem is not solved.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • kirmgrauza
    Tarik02 said:
    Tarik02 said:
    I'm asking not about version, about build. I installed initially Windows 10 Pro 2020 May, but still had the problem. You said you have Home version. So, Hyper-V is unavailable, yes? The problem happens only when virtualization is used, but you just can't use it. So, problem is not solved.

I haven't disabled Hyper-V in BIOS. Just updated BIOS to version 1.04. Problem persisted until I've updated my Windows 10 Home to latest version.
  • Tarik02
    Tarik02 said:
    Tarik02 said:

I haven't disabled Hyper-V in BIOS. Just updated BIOS to version 1.04. Problem persisted until I've updated my Windows 10 Home to latest version.
    You can't disable Hyper-V in BIOS. You can only disable Virtualization. Hyper-V is Windows feature and is not available in Windows Home, only in Pro and higher.
  • Tarik02
    Windows 10 Pro (2004, build 19041.423). BIOS version 1.04. Issue still persists.
  • JuneBkk
    JuneBkk Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have exactly same issue, with my windows 10 pro 2004 19041.388, Bios : 1.04, install wsl2 or android studio, any hypervisor related program is installed, 
    System hang when it become sleep status.
    Need Bios fix or windows fix 
  • MaClane
    Good Morning JuneBkk !

To keep the forum organized and your question to have greater visibility, please avoid posting on topics already solved, opened by other users or inactive.
    Always open a new post, just as it has been guided by moderators.
    Put an @ in front of my name that I guide you there for any questions.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Zahary_pl

Tinkerer

edited August 2020
    So problem still exists and is not solved neither with the latest Windows updates nor bios update (1.04).

Could anybody check if this behaviour is specific to this Acer laptop model, or generally to this Ryzen processor (?)

Than we would know if Acer bios update or Microsoft Windows update is necessary.. 
This discussion has been closed.