Backlight Bleed - Nitro AN515-43

shreyvatsa
shreyvatsa Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2020 in Nitro Gaming
I have Nitro AN515-43, with Ryzen 5 3550H and Gtx 1650. I have received the laptop with backlight bleed. I am attaching a picture of it. Should I return it or is this normal with IPS displays, or with Acer products?
Also, is there any chance of getting a worse product after exchange?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    This problem occurs quite frequently on IPS displays. See this Acer article: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48223/~/troubleshooting-backlight-bleeding-and-light-leakage
    If you can still exchange with the seller, the other model may come with more light bleeding or less light bleeding.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    This problem occurs quite frequently on IPS displays. See this Acer article: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48223/~/troubleshooting-backlight-bleeding-and-light-leakage
    If you can still exchange with the seller, the other model may come with more light bleeding or less light bleeding.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • shreyvatsa

Tinkerer

Thank You. The answer was helpful.

• You are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• VinceP
    VinceP Member Posts: 2 New User
    Did you return it? I also bought the same laptop and have similar backlight bleed
  • shreyvatsa

Tinkerer

I bought it online from Flipkart. I asked them to replace it, but they have been postponing the replacement since 8/6/20.
    Now I am considering to file a case in consumer forum.
    But, similar problem is there in many of Nitro 5s. May be I will get something similar after replacement. Anyhow, one of my friend has the same laptop and his screen is totally fine.
    Did you return?
    Anyway, its not not increasing, but is really prominent, somtimes even in well lit conditions, obviosly with 100% brightness.
  • huycankts
    huycankts Member Posts: 2 New User
    i have just bought Acer Nitro 5 A515-43 and have same problem with you, maybe we need to live together with this bug

• shreyvatsa

Tinkerer

Both the laptops have the bleeding issue on same spots.
    Stay Safe.
  • I would try to return it to the seller.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• huycankts
    huycankts Member Posts: 2 New User
    I would try to return it to the seller.
    i try to contact with customer service of Acer, and they said it was a part of IPS issue, so cant change another laptop
  • But is your notebook still within the RMA deadline with the seller? You may be able to exchange for another identical model.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Varvaros
    Varvaros Member Posts: 1 New User
    Just picked up an Acer Nitro 5 2020 edition and mine is exactly the same .. from day dot ... Went back and the display model was exactly the same.Seems to line up where the microphone is ... Maybe screws are to tight ? It's annoying but only visible on dark scenes.  
  • TheGamerYaNeed
    TheGamerYaNeed Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought the Acer Nitro 5 2020 edition with the AMD Ryzen 5 + Nvidia Gtx 1650 about a month ago and this is the backlight bleed.
  • Chonginton
    Chonginton Member Posts: 1 New User

I want to ask....what is this, is this bleeding or something?? it will gradually disappear after a while. The shape is from the previous application/software on the screen.
  • Destro
    Destro Member Posts: 1 New User

I want to ask....what is this, is this bleeding or something?? it will gradually disappear after a while. The shape is from the previous application/software on the screen.
    Bro, yes this is something else,it is called as screen ghosting ,check about this on google
  • MohamedKhaled
    MohamedKhaled Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem with me what you guys did ?
  • hg9866
    hg9866 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem I even  had screen bleeding on my laptop and it kept on increasing day by day what's the profit from buying laptop from acer if they can't even give the gud technical support even after one month of purchasing there products . 
    They still keep selling this defective products they should learn from other companies . 
    Would never recommend anyone to go with acer such a bad technical support
  • kiritotagami07
    kiritotagami07 Member Posts: 1 New User
    i think is normal i have a brandnew nitro an515-55 and i check screen