Tutorial upgrade Predator Orion P3000

dr_bidine
dr_bidine Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Hello guys !!

I would to share with you, how to upgrade the Predator Orion P3000 Desktop.

Many many time to find what could fit into our small cases P3000.

So, the material compatible are :
- EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Gaming (instead of RTX 2070 blower)
- EVGA 750W GQ (PSU)
- Be Quiet 92mm PWM (instead of 80mm fan)
- 2x 8gb RAM crucial same ref origin (32gb total)
- Cooler Master G100M cpu fan (initially it was this model planned for our P3000 but Acer said no due to high budget)
- Grizzly Kryonaut (thermal paste)
- 1 adaptator sata/molex (for leds G100M)
- 1 adaptator mini sata (for CD player with new psu) 

Next upgrade :
- SSD 4to 
- 4x16gb RAM higher frequency

Here are the results : 

[url=https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/16/k3yd.jpeg][img]https://zupimages.net/up/20/16/k3yd.jpeg[/img][/url]

Answers

• dr_bidine

Tinkerer

Sorry I made a mistake for the pictures, I can’t edit but : 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Looking good and likely screams when you need it to. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • FrankBaby
    FrankBaby Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Thank you for your sharing. I am also considering replacing the original chassis (front/rear) fans...

According to your post, the chassis fans you are using are this one? Be Quiet 92mm PWM (instead of 80mm fan)?

I should buy 80mm or 92mm?

How can I install new chassis fans?

Thanks
  • dr_bidine

Tinkerer

Hi Frank,

Yes, I’m using the be quiet 92mm PWM fan for the rear.

It’s very possible to change the front fan, but I didn’t, because it makes a great job.

Don’t forget to clean your fans each 6 months at least.

The cooling with g100m and be quiet fans, is really better. 

A water cooling AIO is also possible with a 12mm radiator and fan (we have enough place on the side of the open case) but for me the temps are ok. 

• borsti
    borsti Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Fantastic job dr_bidine,

i wonder if you had to remove the whole mainbord to mount this new cpu-cooler? 

My P3000-mainboard allready seems to have some kind of cooler-backplate with screws sticking trough the board. So i wonder, if i just could mount a new cooler on those screws. 
  • dr_bidine

Tinkerer

borsti said:
    Fantastic job dr_bidine,

i wonder if you had to remove the whole mainbord to mount this new cpu-cooler? 

My P3000-mainboard allready seems to have some kind of cooler-backplate with screws sticking trough the board. So i wonder, if i just could mount a new cooler on those screws. 
    I see what you mean, I have the same model than you and I had this kind of backplate at the rear of the motherboard, unfortunately, you have to remove it and put the new one. 

But no problem at final because the G100M is more stronger than my stock fan. Don't forget to buy Grizzly Kryonaut paste, you'll gain more degrees ;)
  • FrankBaby

Tinkerer

edited May 2020
    Hi dr_bidine,

After installing the new case fan, can your Orion still boot normally? I have heard that some other brands will throw "fan failure" if you replace stock fans with 3rd-party ones.

And can your Predator Sense detect your new case fan and its speed?

Thanks 

• dr_bidine

Tinkerer

FrankBaby said:
    Hi dr_bidine,

After installing the new case fan, can your Orion still boot normally? I have heard that some other brands will throw "fan failure" if you replace stock fans with 3rd-party ones.

Thanks 

At the begining of this thread, I wrote : "Many many time to find what could fit into our small cases P3000", it doesn't mean only time ;) I bought and tried some fans and for exemple, Noctua PWM doesn't work correctly. The be quiet is working perfectly, just plug ang and play, you can try it easily for 15$ it's not much expensive for the gain ;)
  • FrankBaby

Tinkerer

Thanks for your information. Could you tell us why Noctua PWM didn't work correctly? What errors were thrown?
    (I planned to buy a 
    Noctua PWM for this PC...)
  • borsti

Tinkerer

dr_bidine said:
    FrankBaby said:
    Hi dr_bidine,

Thanks 

At the begining of this thread, I wrote : "Many many time to find what could fit into our small cases P3000", it doesn't mean only time ;) I bought and tried some fans and for exemple, Noctua PWM doesn't work correctly. The be quiet is working perfectly, just plug ang and play, you can try it easily for 15$ it's not much expensive for the gain ;)
    I use a be quiet 92mm fan in my P300 and had no problems at all. Just make sure, you use a 4-pin-modell. I plan to change the front fan to a be quiet modell as well. I'll see how this works out.
  • FrankBaby

Tinkerer

Thank dr_bidine and borsti for your sharing. The stock rear fan seems to be 80mm. So, Orion 3000 can also support 92mm rear fan?

dr_bidine, could you please also share what problems did you encounter when you installed a Noctua PWM fan?

Thanks.
  • borsti

Tinkerer

FrankBaby said:
    Thank dr_bidine and borsti for your sharing. The stock rear fan seems to be 80mm. So, Orion 3000 can also support 92mm rear fan?

dr_bidine, could you please also share what problems did you encounter when you installed a Noctua PWM fan?

Thanks.
    Yes, the stock fan in my case was an 80mm Cooler Master. But you can install up to 92mm fans at the rear. 
  • dr_bidine

Tinkerer

FrankBaby said:

Thanks.
    The problem with the noctua is that the fan don’t run at start (even it’s PWM). You have to stand for gpu start to be warm for fan running, if you are in automode with PredatorSense. 
    Otherwise if you are in personal mode and you asked 3000rpm, it will works.

I prefer the be quiet, because it’s works perfectly as stock fan, run at start and you can also control it. 
  • Diamondcutter01
    Diamondcutter01 Member Posts: 4 New User
    did you take everything apart so you could access the back of the motherboard for the the cpu replacement?
  • NeilP15
    NeilP15 Member Posts: 1 New User
    dr_bidine said:
    Hello guys !!

I would to share with you, how to upgrade the Predator Orion P3000 Desktop.

Many many time to find what could fit into our small cases P3000.

So, the material compatible are :
    - EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Gaming (instead of RTX 2070 blower)
    - EVGA 750W GQ (PSU)
    - Be Quiet 92mm PWM (instead of 80mm fan)
    - 2x 8gb RAM crucial same ref origin (32gb total)
    - Cooler Master G100M cpu fan (initially it was this model planned for our P3000 but Acer said no due to high budget)
    - Grizzly Kryonaut (thermal paste)
    - 1 adaptator sata/molex (for leds G100M)
    - 1 adaptator mini sata (for CD player with new psu) 

Next upgrade :
    - SSD 4to 
    - 4x16gb RAM higher frequency

Good day. I am looking to upgrade my cpu cooler and I have came across this post and I am now looking to buy the g100m. 

I have corsair vengeance ram and was wondering how much space/clearance there would be for the 4 memory sticks. 

Thanks 
  • Kanor31
    Kanor31 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited June 2020
    is it possible for a 2080 to fit in or it's too big ?

and i was wondering, i have the po3-600 with a RTX 2070 and i7 9700, but the temperature of my cpu, even when im just on chrome are reound 65 degrees even sometimes 70, is it normal ? i even changed thermal paste but it didnt change ! :(_
  • billsey
    @Kanor31 It depends on who made the 2080 and how big they made it. :) Measure to be sure... Those temperatures are normal, you don't need to worry about cooling until you start seeing numbers in excess of 95C under heavy load. The warmer you get the faster the system will run the fans to keep things optimal.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • robs113
    robs113 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Looks like some great upgrades.
    Can the cpu cooler be changed without pulling out the motherboard?

• billsey
    It depends on the CPU cooler you choose. They pretty much all have the holes in the same place, but some require different connectors in those holes...
  • robs113
    robs113 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Ok, thanks billsey.

I might try the Noctua NH-L12