SP3115-51-757c My hard drive broke. Need a new one. How do I know which one to buy??

Options
2»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Check here my friend:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MnLProperties
    MnLProperties Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

Options
    ok. Thank you. You are awesome!!! I'll let you know how it goes. thanks again, my friend!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    you are welcome.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MnLProperties

Tinkerer

Options
    Is there an easy way to get to the SSD? I notice a metal plate under the black tape covering. Do I somehow pop that plate off? I assume you mean it's under that metal covering. I don't want to force it and break something. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think it is not necessary. See that the screw is located here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MnLProperties

Tinkerer

Options
    I see exactly where you are saying. what kind of screw is that? Do I need a special tool to remove it?
  • MnLProperties

Tinkerer

Options

This is a close-up of the screw. How do you get it to come out? Any idea?
  • MnLProperties

Tinkerer

Options
    It looks like it has threads on the inside, maybe!?!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I believe it is this screw:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MnLProperties

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok. I try again tomorrow. Sometimes sleep before you do it, helps. I thank you for your time. May the God of your understanding bless you and your loved ones. Talk again tomorrow. Thanks,     /\/\/\
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Ok! Post the result here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    The problem is that the best picture we have of the M.2 connector is the one showing removal of the CMOS battery. In @egydiocoelho's post the white box is showing you where the new SSD mounts. it plugs into that connector and then there is that mounting stud a couple of inches away where you screw it down to hold it. The connector is directly left of the fan in your image, the mounting point is down from there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.