SP3115-51-757c My hard drive broke. Need a new one. How do I know which one to buy??

MnLProperties
MnLProperties Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Is "hard-drive" & "harddisk" the same thing? Need a new one from Walmart or Best Buy. How do i know which one to purchase?? (Yes!!! I'm over 55 years old!! Don't know much abt CPUs Haha!

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓
    As I told you before, you are not required to purchase a 128GB SSD. In addition, there are several compatible brands. You can purchase an ssd with more storage capacity. This website indicates the compatible models: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Spin-SP315-51/43409
    https://www.amazon.com/256GB-SOLID-STATE-DRIVE-80MM/dp/B073H93XKZ
    https://www.amazon.com/hynix-SC308-128GB-Solid-HFS128G39TND-N210A/dp/B07BGGDT9T
    thnsnk128gvn8: https://www.newegg.com/p/1HD-001P-000S3
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Can you send a picture of your mainboard?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Check here my friend:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    you are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    I think it is not necessary. See that the screw is located here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    I believe it is this screw:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example AN515-51-75KZ.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    @MnLProperties yes, we really need to know what computer you have before we can suggest a replacement drive. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MnLProperties

Tinkerer

MnLProperties said:Its a "Spin 3"
    Is "hard-drive" & "harddisk" the same thing? Need a new one from Walmart or Best Buy. How do i know which one to purchase?? (Yes!!! I'm over 55 years old!! Don't know much abt CPUs Haha!
    I have an Acer Spin 3 Laptop model # SP3115-51-757c. Can you help with my question above? Which hard drive do i need??? Thanx MWM
  • How do you know that the hard drive broke? Have you checked the health of the disk with crystaldiskinfo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MnLProperties

Tinkerer

So, I called Acer and they connected me to a 3rd party tech support called,"AnswersBy". I paid them to re-install Windows 10 since mine crashed. We got it onto a thumb drive using my desktop. Went to put in on my laptop and there was NOWHERE to store it. The guy had me do a couple tests and learned the drive no longer works. Once I replace the HDD, I call them back so they can finish helping me. Its great for people like me who don't know anything. Thats why I'm wondering which hard drive. The guy told me to get same size. 128gb. He gave me a Toshiba model # thnsnk128gvn8. I'm just not having luck locating one to purchase on Amazon or Best Buy.  Thanx..............MnLProp
  • You can opt for a 256gb sata 3 ssd 3 256gb as well.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MnLProperties

Tinkerer

Only serious answers please! I really don't need anyone being a smart@$$ in spanish

• Commodore_1995#
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓
    As I told you before, you are not required to purchase a 128GB SSD. In addition, there are several compatible brands. You can purchase an ssd with more storage capacity. This website indicates the compatible models: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Spin-SP315-51/43409
    https://www.amazon.com/256GB-SOLID-STATE-DRIVE-80MM/dp/B073H93XKZ
    https://www.amazon.com/hynix-SC308-128GB-Solid-HFS128G39TND-N210A/dp/B07BGGDT9T
    thnsnk128gvn8: https://www.newegg.com/p/1HD-001P-000S3

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MnLProperties

Tinkerer

Thank you. I DO appreciate ALL your help out there. I'll let you all know when I get something accomplished. STAY SAFE & HEALTHY OUT THERE. PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING!!! 
  • MnLProperties

Tinkerer

I believe that is the exact one that I ordered, so thank you for that link
  • MnLProperties

Tinkerer

I actually ordered the Toshiba thnsnk128gvn8. Looks like the same one. Again, thank you for your help with this...
  • You are welcome. You can purchase a SSD from another brand as well.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MnLProperties

Tinkerer

OK. I got my hard drive for my Acer Spin 3. #SP315-51-757c. I took the back off and disconnected the battery. Can someone tell me, (In terms a true beginner can understand?), where the HDD is located, before I move things. Thanks,   /\/\/\
  • Check here my friend:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MnLProperties

Tinkerer

I have battery out. where is the SSD located?
  • You should find it here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MnLProperties

Tinkerer

I'm sorry. I am trying to replace the SSD. I think that was to get HDD out. It looks like a circuit board. I don't know where that is!??!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Can you send a picture of your mainboard?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MnLProperties

Tinkerer

Do I need to take all that plastic off of there and then take another picture of it to send you?