My laptop keeps turning off when I turn it on. Swift SF114-32-C225 Model No. N17W6

newyrk
newyrk Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 2020 in Swift and Spin Series
My laptop is fully charged yet when I try to turn it on it immediately turns off. The blue light goes on but turns off immediately. Please help!!!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    It would help to know the full model number of your laptop. For example SW5-271, SA5-217, etc? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• newyrk
    Swift SF114-32-C225 Model No. N17W6
  • JackE
    Sorry I somehow missed your model number in the title. With the laptop completely off, remove the charger. On the bottom, gently insert a paperclip into the reset pinhole for about 10 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. Try to turn it on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• newyrk
    I tried this several times recently but the same thing happens still. I’m not sure why.
  • JackE
    Remove the charger. Press & hold the paperclip. While still pressing & holding the paperclip in the pinhole, press & hold the power button for about 30 seconds to try to drain all residual charge from the mainboard. Then try it again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• colinwilliams352
    colinwilliams352 Member Posts: 1 New User

The combined use of the paper clip and power button to reset the battery does not solve the problem of my Swift 1 still on a regular basess keeps turning off. Does Acer have any other answer to this. I am writing to my Which magazine to bring this constant fault to their attention.

• JackE

Might be overheating. Raise laptop about an inch above a hard surface to promote better airflow, taking care not to block airvents in cover.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Do you have exactly the same model Swift 1 as the original post gives? Your symptoms don't match, since you are able to turn it on and it runs for a while before giving up. You should start a new thread, using the Ask a Question button, and include your full model number (SF1xx-xxx-xxxx, on the same sticker as your serial number), what is happening and what you ahve tried so far to fix it. It's really unusual for a laptop to shutdown with no visible reason…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.