My laptop keeps turning off when I turn it on. Swift SF114-32-C225 Model No. N17W6

newyrknewyrk Member Posts: 6 New User
My laptop is fully charged yet when I try to turn it on it immediately turns off. The blue light goes on but turns off immediately. Please help!!!

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 23,084 Trailblazer
    It would help to know the full model number of your laptop. For example SW5-271, SA5-217, etc? Jack E/NJ
    Jack E/NJ
  • newyrknewyrk Member Posts: 6 New User
    Swift SF114-32-C225 Model No. N17W6
    Sorry I somehow missed your model number in the title. With the laptop completely off, remove the charger. On the bottom, gently insert a paperclip into the reset pinhole for about 10 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. Try to turn it on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
  • newyrknewyrk Member Posts: 6 New User
    I tried this several times recently but the same thing happens still. I’m not sure why.
    Remove the charger. Press & hold the paperclip. While still pressing & holding the paperclip in the pinhole, press & hold the power button for about 30 seconds to try to drain all residual charge from the mainboard. Then try it again. Jack E/NJ
    Jack E/NJ