when i will get update the bios from v 1.23 ? on acer aspire 3 a315-21

OsamaDiaab
OsamaDiaab Member Posts: 120 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

to fix problem turbo core in amd a6-9225 ??

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited February 2020 Answer ✓
    As was pointed out in the Link to your previous question Turbo Mode is not a manually selected option, your CPU will only go into Turbo Mode when a program or Game demands it to. There will be no BIOS update to fix something that is already working as it was designed to do. 
    CPU Z does not do a good Stress test for Turbo mode, I had the same problem myself, after I ran CPU Z Stress test it didn’t show my CPU boosting. However there is a Program called Aida64 Extreme, it is free for 60 days, that does the best Stress test and that showed my CPU boosting so I would download and run that.
    https://www.aida64.com/downloads

In conclusion there has to be a very heavy load to Turbo/Boost your CPU and most games and programs don’t demand that load, if a game doesn’t demand Turbo from the CPU then it is already running at maximum and Turbo would not improve its performance

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• version 1.23 is now available on the acer website, see:

BIOS Support Acer Elinux OS. Data: 2019/06/24 Version: 1.23 Vendor: Acer Tamanho: 4.8 MB Download

But it is a version to add support for linux.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb

Why do you think a BIOS update will fix a problem that you are having with your CPU?
    What problem are you experiencing, please give details

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• OsamaDiaab
    andylb said:

Why do you think a BIOS update will fix a problem that you are having with your CPU?
    What problem are you experiencing, please give details
    look this

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/572039/how-to-enable-turbo-core-in-amd-a6-9225-aspire-3-a315-21#latest
  • andylb
    edited February 2020 Answer ✓
    As was pointed out in the Link to your previous question Turbo Mode is not a manually selected option, your CPU will only go into Turbo Mode when a program or Game demands it to. There will be no BIOS update to fix something that is already working as it was designed to do. 
    CPU Z does not do a good Stress test for Turbo mode, I had the same problem myself, after I ran CPU Z Stress test it didn’t show my CPU boosting. However there is a Program called Aida64 Extreme, it is free for 60 days, that does the best Stress test and that showed my CPU boosting so I would download and run that.

In conclusion there has to be a very heavy load to Turbo/Boost your CPU and most games and programs don’t demand that load, if a game doesn’t demand Turbo from the CPU then it is already running at maximum and Turbo would not improve its performance

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• OsamaDiaab
    edited February 2020
    andylb said:

the turbo core is disable in the bios 
    no one get up 2594.74 MHz used any program 
    and the acer aspire 3-a315-21g
    the same bios but get turbo core for any program from 2.5 Gh to 2.9 Gh
    but the acer aspire 3 a315-21 no get any Mhz after 2594.74
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Sorry. This is still normal behavior for this particular model. It is not designed to behave like a desktop or gaming laptop. 2.9GHz is only available for short periods of time due to heat & power consumption. Refer to this review https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-3-A315-21-A6-9220-Radeon-R4-Laptop-Review.262586.0.html

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• andylb
    The Max CPU speeds for your model are below and depend on which processor your model shipped with, they are directly from the Acer Service Guide for your model. Please remember that the max CPU speed is set by Acer for your models overall configuration and the same CPU may have a higher or lower speed from a different manufacturer. So look and see which processor you have and the max boosted speed is in the table below

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• OsamaDiaab
    andylb said:
    The Max CPU speeds for your model are below and depend on which processor your model shipped with, they are directly from the Acer Service Guide for your model. Please remember that the max CPU speed is set by Acer for your models overall configuration and the same CPU may have a higher or lower speed from a different manufacturer. So look and see which processor you have and the max boosted speed is in the table below

the same acer aspire 3 a315-21g is used the same MB and the same biso and apu amd a6-9220 get 2.9 GH
    and my apu amd a6-9225 the same version of acer aspire 3 a315-21g 
    used same MB and same biso and the get 2.6 GH max

the amd website 
    https://www.amd.com/en/products/specifications/compare/processors/2131,8231

and my laptop Product Details

used S/N in acer website 

and
     the acer written on my laptop 
     amd dual-core processor a6-9225 turbo core technology up 3.0GHz
  • andylb
    edited February 2020
    Please post a screenshot of the Aida64 Extreme Stress test result that I asked you to perform, thankyou

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• OsamaDiaab
    andylb said:
    Please post a screenshot of the Aida64 Extreme Stress test result that I asked you to perform, thankyou

which one i chose ???
  • andylb
    edited February 2020
    You are in the wrong place in Aida follow the instructions in this video
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tIdw8_4ZY7g&t=93s

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• OsamaDiaab
    andylb said:

• OsamaDiaab
    andylb said:

• andylb

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• OsamaDiaab
    andylb said:
    ok cpu only ??
  • andylb
    Yes just your CPU my friend and post the result please

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• OsamaDiaab
    andylb said:
    Yes just your CPU my friend and post the result please

• andylb
    edited February 2020
    You want to click the “Clocks” tab

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• OsamaDiaab
    i upload all photo 

• andylb
    edited February 2020
    Now run it Again and post a screen of the Unified Tab, you must let it run for about 10 minutes

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★