ThrottleStop Undervolt Profiles Pre-Made

Comments

• Antunesvv
    Antunesvv Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Can someone please help me, why am i getting this error when i try to launch the program? 

• Did this error appear after scheduling a task?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Antunesvv

Tinkerer

Did this error appear after scheduling a task?
    Não, o erro aparece quando eu inicio o programa manualmente, dai eu clico em "ok" e o aplicativo abre normal. Porém, devido à este erro não sei se ele funciona corretamente como deveria.
  • @Antunesvv Have you already disabled the memory integrity in windows defender?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Antunesvv

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    @Antunesvv Have you already disabled the memory integrity in windows defender?
    Yes, it is disabled.
  • What happens when you disable windows defender? Are any other antivirus installed? https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1042436-throttlestop-wont-let-me-enable-disable-and-lock-turbo-limits/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Antunesvv

Tinkerer

What happens when you disable windows defender? Are any other antivirus installed? https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1042436-throttlestop-wont-let-me-enable-disable-and-lock-turbo-limits/
    I'm using kaspersky antivirus not windows defender. Should i disable windows defender for real? Isn't that dangerous?
  • Antunesvv

Tinkerer

A quick update. For what i can tell it is a problem with the file "ThrottleStop.ini". When i delete this file and launch TS, the program creates a new file and the error message is gone. I tried to replace the new file with the stock one, but then the error comes back.
  • Try disabling kaspersky and windows defender.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    There's new Throttlestop version, v8.72. It's zip doesn't contain RwDrv.sys driver. Maybe that is causing the issue?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Thamerov
    Thamerov Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    impressive! 
    after testing AC-odyssey (ultra high) with PH713-53 2019 it never reached more than 75c for 50 minutes , before temp reached 90C 92C in 20 even with the built in under-volt..
    @Red-Sand Thank u

• Ciemson
    Ciemson Member Posts: 3 New User
    this is OK?
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Ciemson said:
    this is OK?
    You're fine but if you still pretend to lower your temps more repasting with kryonaut or similar its the only solution if you can yourself without voiding your warranty 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Great tool mate, how is the I5 9300 coming along

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    andylb said:
    Great tool mate, how is the I5 9300 coming along
    Thanks Unfortunately I've had scarce access here and there but in order to create a proper setup that anyone can use without issue I need more time of it. I do not own a system with that particular CPU so have been Teamviewing members of my FB group whenever I get a chance to study the characteristics.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Red-Sand
    Antunesvv said:
    What happens when you disable windows defender? Are any other antivirus installed? https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1042436-throttlestop-wont-let-me-enable-disable-and-lock-turbo-limits/
    I'm using kaspersky antivirus not windows defender. Should i disable windows defender for real? Isn't that dangerous?
    Update your Microsoft C++ 2013 (Both 32 and 64 bit versions) then run Throttlestop as administrator. You can set it to always run as admin by right clicking > properties > run as admin option
    - Hotel Hero
  • Red-Sand
    edited February 2020
    Baliwna said:
    I've used your i5-8300H profiles and other users with the same cpu's profile, idle temps are definitely lower at about 45-50 degrees but on games like r6 siege it reaches to about 85-88 degrees and crashes my laptop, what other tweak should I do to lower my temps? I've tried using your config without editing it and doing some editing of my own and nothing helps, also, I've just repasted and can confirm the repaste is good as it dropped my temps by almost 10 degrees but it still crashes my laptop
    Need to be more specific. Is it the CPU or the GPU thats reaching 88C?

If its the CPU then there should be no reason for a freeze.
    If its the GPU its supposed to thermal throttle at 85 C and that could be why.

I'm going to assume its the CPU just in case Try lessening "Speed Shift EPP" on the main screen of Throttlestop.
    Example: If its 128 then go to 125, then 120, then 115 ETC.
    - Hotel Hero
  • BittuGupta
    BittuGupta Member Posts: 50 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I did it used ur profile but no use the temps decreased alot but had huge FPS drops even in lowest settings so I tried with xtu it had pre undervolted to 136  but the temp reaches to 97 and it starts thermal throttling + power limit throttling. Such a waste should have gone with other brand. 
    Did repasting with mx-4 waste. So m thinking to do repasting again with kryonaut and replace all thermal pads what do u suggest it's really unplayable .
  • hacel
    hacel Member Posts: 1 New User
    thanks a lot for this bro, i was stressing over always getting 90c whenever i played any 2019-2020 games but after using this i almost never get higher than 85c, but just in case i wanna get rid of throttlestop should i just delete it? or do i need to do something else 
  • mockinGAEL
    mockinGAEL Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Zeroel said:
    Red-Sand said:

ThrottleStop Pre-Configured Setups

I've compiled a bundle of ThrottleStop configurations for various CPU types.
    Each of these downloads are specific to the CPU listed and come pre-setup to optimum undervolt, Speed Shift EPP, power limits and other various tweaks.

Each setup has energy governance for while plugged in and on battery:
    Profiles will automatically switch between AC and battery profiles when you plug or unplug your laptop.

Since the Nvidia GPU switches to "Powermizer" mode while on battery, the battery CPU profiles were adjusted accordingly to maintain proper performance and battery efficiency.

Note: Nothing negative can happen to your system from using these configurations. 
    At worst case - Your laptop will reboot but no damage would have been done (I have yet to see this happen from my files)
    These configurations can be used even if your Predator Sense has undervolting built in.

These profiles may cause certain games to lose a few FPS but drop temperatures variably between 5-20 C.

**DISCLAIMER**
    While I have tested these profiles extensively, that doesn't guarantee that your system will accept it without issue.
    Variables such as tweaks you've imposed yourself could cause conflicts with unknown effects.
    Please proceed with caution.

How to use these files:
    1. Simply download (& extract if required) the folder signatured with the same CPU you have in your system and place it in "My Documents"
    2. Open the folder and run the "Throttlestop.exe" and you're done. (Yes really it's that simple)

i5-7300HQ
    i7-7700HQ
    i5-8300Hi7-8750Hi5-9300H (Coming Soon)
    In progress (I do not have a system with this CPU at this time to test)
    i7-9750H

How to set Throttlestop to auto startup at boot

Once you have tested thoroughly the Throttlestop configurations you've downloaded (And by thoroughly I mean HOURS of gaming or high productivity use) you can set Throttlestop to automatically start at system boot up by following this guide to create a task schedule. I have yet to see any issues arise from using my setups.

Example photo of Before & After Throttlestop

Let me know in the comments below your results and if you have any questions!
    Enjoy!
    Hi there, master. I'm the guy that reformatted after predator sense wouldn't open and then had problems with the throttle stop app. I tried this solutions as you have advised on the other topic. Unfortunately, I have still been getting a lot of instances where my laptop would freeze. Most of the times under heavy load, and some times while browsing. I really believe it's throttle stop because I have tried 5 sessions without using it and my laptop didn't freeze. the problem though is that my temps hit 99C again. This is weird because before I reformatted, I followed the same video guide you posted on youtube to configure my TS. I know that different units have different values. which values should I try adjusting in the throttle stop app to try fixing this? Thank you!

No preset for i5 9th gen yet?