Wha2222 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Guys....see here the only way which I.found and work

osts: 18,013 Trailblazer
    April 2017 Accepted Answer

1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    http://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) with the USB flash drive plugged to your PC, boot to BIOS pressin Del key
    4) look if F12 boot menu is enabled, if not, enabled it

5) check if UEFI is the selected BIOS mode (no launchCSM)

6) press F10 to save and exit

7) reboot and press F12, choose the USB flash drive as bootable device

8) choose to do a custom installation and then delete everypartition on your main HDD/SSD

9) then continue with windows 10 installation

Thank you !

Only ivoaprilofff got it right! Thanks 
    Just follow his steps and run smooth like butter! Cheers
  • SliMShadY112
    SliMShadY112 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Guys....see here the only way which I.found and work

osts: 18,013 Trailblazer
    April 2017 Accepted Answer

1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    http://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) with the USB flash drive plugged to your PC, boot to BIOS pressin Del key
    4) look if F12 boot menu is enabled, if not, enabled it

5) check if UEFI is the selected BIOS mode (no launchCSM)

6) press F10 to save and exit

7) reboot and press F12, choose the USB flash drive as bootable device

8) choose to do a custom installation and then delete everypartition on your main HDD/SSD

9) then continue with windows 10 installation

Thank you !

I just registered to say thank you a million times! I just bought the Acer Nitro 5 with Linux system installed and I was pulling my hair out because as soon as I turned on the laptop I was greeted by a shell> command menu...had absolutely no idea what I had to do, didn't even boot into the Linux system. I've had a USB with Windows 10 installed but I was not able to get the laptop to recognize the USB in the BIOS. With this method, I successfully formatted my USB to GPT - UEFI (NO CSM) and rebooted my useless Nitro 5 laptop into the BIOS. The USB was instantly recognized. After that I restarted and booted with F12. I chose the USB and successfully installed Windows 10!

Thaaaaaaaaank you a million times, I thought I just wasted 1400 euros for a laptop that wasn't even working.
  • RyanStauffer
    RyanStauffer Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have an Acer Nitro 7 and want to dual boot windows 8.1 and windows 10. I haven't found any way to boot from a usb because the motherboard doesn't support it.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Ideally, you should create a new topic @RyanStauffer
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Sure it does. You first have to set and save a BIOS password. Then re-enter the BIOS with the password and disable secure boot. You should also set the USB HDD first in the boot order. Then save settings and exit. Then shut the machine off. Then place the USB stick with the Win8.1 installation iso on it, and install Win8.1 alongside Win10. You might also have to run 'diskmgmt.msc' to reduce the size of the Win10 partition so that the Win8.1 has some free-space (unallocated space) on the disk to install. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• vsha041
    vsha041 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Had the same issue. The option to boot from USB was not appearing in the Boot Menu. Turns out the reason was that I didn't format my USB drive in FAT32 format. But the issue was that the FAT32 option was not appearing for me. The reason is because my USB was 64 GB and FAT32 option is only available for disks smaller than 32 GB. So I bought a new USB of size 16 GB and then created a bootable disk using Rufus and GPT. I didn't had to change any of the BIOS settings either. It worked then as the option to boot from USB started appearing.

By the way the FAT32 limit of 32GB is mentioned and explained here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/winpe--use-a-single-usb-key-for-winpe-and-a-wim-file---wim?view=windows-11

https://www.theregister.com/2021/01/04/windows_format_fat32/