Unable to Boot from USB(AN515-52-50VR)

Answers

• Robinsonap
    Robinsonap Member Posts: 2 New User
    Good evening, I have a lot of disappointment from Acer and would like to find an informed solution on this topic, can any of you help me?
  • Robinsonap
    Robinsonap Member Posts: 2 New User
    Good evening, I have a lot of disappointment from Acer and would like to find an informed solution on this topic, can any of you help me?
  • @Robinsonap! What is the problem exactly? What is the exact model of notebook? Example v3-571!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AdrianAV
    AdrianAV Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello ,

If i understud correctly the only to instal win10 is to user win10 64b . I did this and i not working . No usb in boot manager. 
    And maybe works only with genuine win ? 
    AcerNitro 5 515. 
  • You should convert the pendrive to gpt and format it in fat32! Then download an iso x64 from windows on microsoft's website!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SteveSi
    SteveSi Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited January 2019
    You need to
    Set a BIOS Master password (don't forget it!)
    Disable Secure Boot
    Disable Fast Boot
    Enable CSM\Legacy - use Boot option entry
    Enable BIOS Boot F12 key
    Save BIOS settings
    switch off - wait 10 secs
    insert USB key
    switch on and press F12
    Hopefully you will see a USB Legacy (non-UEFI) boot option.

If this still does not work - check your USB boot drive and ensure it does NOT contain a \EFI folder. If it does, then rename the \EFI folder to something else - e.g. EFIxx.

• I would choose to install in uefi mode. To do this, besides fast boot and secureboot are disabled, lauch csm should also be disabled!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• aniboro
    aniboro Member Posts: 3 New User
    LarryD said:
    I have an AN515-52-50VR, which I upgraded the HDD to an EVO 970 using the Samsung clone tool and it works great.

I am now trying to reinstall Windows 10 32bit (yes there are reasons for doing this) but I just can't get the laptop to boot from the USB.

* Using the official Windows 10 ISO 32bit
    * Using Rufus 3.1 set to GPT, UEFI (non CSM), FAT32
    * Using latest 1.19 BIOS

If I use that USB in another non Acer laptop it boots fine. Only on this Nitro will it not boot.

I have entered the bios, set a security password and then tried all of the following:

Disabled Secure Boot
    This just does not see the USB at all

Enabled Secure Boot
    For this I selected the .efi from the USB stick, labelled it USBBOOT. In boot order section I increase the priority so that USBBOOT is booted first.

If I select F12 I can see the USBBOOT file listed first and the EVO second. I press enter over the highlighted USBBOOT

Nothing happens - it just goes straight to the installed Windows on the EVO.

Other Things To Note
    I have tried all three USB slots. I have tried two different brands of USB sticks. As stated earlier the USB sticks boot fine on a different brand laptop.

What next?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,463 Trailblazer
    If you have done so already, try disabling  vtx and vtd in the BIOS advanced tab. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hones
    Hones Member Posts: 1 New User
    I used RUFUS and it worked.
    Just search Rufus on Google you will find it there.
    And use GPT NOT MBR..
    I HOPE THIS WORKS MATE.
  • ivoaprilofff
    ivoaprilofff Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi there,

i have the same problem....only alow network boot....can boot from usb stick

What is the procedure.....buy external DVD and boot from dics 64x Windows.....

Can somebody write here the path start this laptop with Windows :disappointed:
  • JackE
    ivoaprilofff

The bootstick must be GPT-partition FAT32 format, not MBR-partition FAT32 format. If you're trying to install Windows, create a bootable stick using the Microsoft media creation tool.  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Try to install like this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ivoaprilofff
    Hi again guys,

Im installing win 10 for the first time to this laptop. Cant download, cant network boot.......

I have only BIOS and Linux.......everything is enabled in BIOS.......

Where to find this MBR files to make it GPT ....

Im so confused..........................
  • You need to open cmd or powershell as an administrator and enter the commands that are in this file: https://us.v-cdn.net/6029997/uploads/editor/kg/i2fmxm6lrpnz.pdf

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ivoaprilofff
    How to enter to cmd......2) enter the powershell as administrator and enter these commands to program the pendrive to boot: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x (x is the number of pendrive), clean, convert gpt, create partition primary, format fs = fat32 quick and assign! "Give enter in each command"!

Im cant start booting process
  • Right-click on the start button on windows 10 and then click Windows Powershell (admin)!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    egydiocoelho  ----
    ivoaprilofff  said >>>I have only BIOS and Linux>>>

If he doesn't have access to a Windows machine, then the GPT Fat32 stick must be made with gparted if it's installed on Linux GUI. If not, it must be done from the terminal which could get tricky. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ivoaprilofff
    Guys....see here the only way which I.found and work

osts: 18,013 Trailblazer
    April 2017 Accepted Answer

1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    http://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) with the USB flash drive plugged to your PC, boot to BIOS pressin Del key
    4) look if F12 boot menu is enabled, if not, enabled it

5) check if UEFI is the selected BIOS mode (no launchCSM)

6) press F10 to save and exit

7) reboot and press F12, choose the USB flash drive as bootable device

8) choose to do a custom installation and then delete everypartition on your main HDD/SSD

9) then continue with windows 10 installation

Thank you !

• kathir
    kathir Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

There is no legacy support in UEFI class 3.
    Nitro 5 comes with UEFI class 3.
    If you want to install linux with win10 as dual boot in nitro 5 check this out..
    https://medium.com/@kathirvelk/is-linux-installation-alongside-windows-a-nightmare-in-acer-nitro-5-8f142dfda32f