PC: predator g3620 - Cant access BIOS, blackscreen after Acer logo. 1 beep then 2 short fast beep.

srhsrh123
srhsrh123 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
If i start my PC With a GPU GTX1050TI i get 1 beep then 2 fast short beeps. I can see the Acer logo and press del or f12. If i press del or f12 i get the same result i get when i just wait for it to boot, i get black screen. After a while my monitor just going to sleep / turns off.

I also tried to start the PC without a gpu, just using the VGA cable directly from the motherboard in to my PC. I dont get the same result but I get 1 beep, then 1 beep, then many fast beeps until i turn off the monitor. I get no Picture on the screen, it dont detect any VGA from the motherboard.

Also tried With only 4GB RAM, changing the RAM posistion everytime to see if it get any result, which it dont. Also had 16 GB RAM in it to til up all slots.

I tried to reset battery, also changed battery to see if its any different. Tried With and without my SSD, also changed SSD. There is no other USB or CD room plugged in. I cant boot With USB, i get blackscreen. Keyboard still having lights when my screen goes off/sleep. I tried With Windows 7,8 and 10. Atm i use 10.

Im thinking its something with cmos or rom, or gpu?

PC: 
predator g3620 H67 Express
Motherboard (not sure if its right info, but its what i find on the motherboard itself): 
Ipisb-vr rev 1.01 or 11422470 0003111 69m10a6w0a02 p03-a1

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    I believe the one beep then two short beeps is, as you suspect, a GPU failure during POST. It doesn't dig down into what might be failing on the card, just that it's unable to correctly initialize it. Can you pull the card out and verify it starts fine with the onboard graphics? If so, do you have another GPU that you could test with to make sure it's not the slot itself?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • srhsrh123
    srhsrh123 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    When i start it without my gpu it just beeps all the time, non-stop. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    There must be a BIOS switch to enable MB graphics then, which doesn't help you much. Any chance you have access to a different GPU card to plug in? It doesn't have to be the same model...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • In the other topic that you had created, I posted this information:
    1 long, 2 short Failure in video system An error was encountered in the video BIOS ROM, or a horizontal retrace failure has been encountered
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)