why my acer nitro 7 battery wont charge even i dont do anything?

IlkkaSorsa
IlkkaSorsa Member Posts: 1 New User
hi! my gaming laptop wont charge smereason and i need help, i just buyed this laptop few month ago and i dont know what to do to make it charge, can you please help me?

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    IlkkaSorsa

These are the basic steps that you need to follow.

Power Drain test for laptop.

If your computer is not having the inbuilt battery follow these steps.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable.

2.  Remove the battery if it is not inbuilt.

3.  Hold the power button for 50 seconds.

4.  Connect all the cables back

5.  Turn on the computer.

Steps to remove the battery.

1.  Turn off the computer.   Remove all the cables and devices including power cable

2.  Turn the laptop upside down.  Flip the laptop.  On the back of laptop there will 

be a unlock switch.  You need to move the switch to the left or right and then you 

need to pull the battery door out.   

If your computer is having an inbuilt battery follow these steps.

Power Drain test.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable. 

Flip the laptop.  On the back of the laptop there will be a tiny hole.  It is called a 

battery reset hole.  There will be a battery symbol right next to the hole.

2. You need to insert a paper clip or small pin gently inside the hole and hold it for 

30 seconds.  

3. Plug all the cables back and turn on the computer.

Step 2

Bios Defaults.

1. Turn on the computer and keep on tapping f2.  It will go to bios setup utility

2. Press f9 once on the bios setup screen.   It will show you bios defaults.  Please 

press yes.

3. Press f10 on the bios setup screen.  It will show you "yes" to save the changes.  

Kindly check whether the battery will charge now..

If the above steps are not working then follow these steps

Kindly follow steps listed below...

Step 1:  Try Windows x - click on device manager   or  press and hold the windows key 

and press r .  On the run window - type devmgmt.msc.  

Go to device manager
    On the list of devices
    click on Battery.   Expand Battery.   
    Right click on Battery item line and click on uninstall

Restart the computer and check whether you can charge the battery again

Step 2: 

If the step one doesn't work try to use a alternative charger  and check..

Step 3:

If you are using a removable battery try the following steps.   Turn off the computer. 

Remove the power cables and other devices connected.   Turn the laptop upside down.   

There will be a unlock switch on the back of computer.   Try to move the switch to 

the right or left and pull the battery door.  Try to reseat the battery by taking it 

out and putting it back in.    Connect the power cable and turn on the computer.   

Please check whether it is charging properly now.  

If the above steps are helpful for you please click "like"

If the above steps resolves your issue please click "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• kuzzy00
    kuzzy00 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    The above suggestions also do not work (Acer Nitro 7 has an internal battery)
    I bought a brand new Nitro 7 from PB Tech - Penrose, Auckland.

This computer had the SAME ISSUE as the one you're describing!
    I got it swapped.
    SAME ISSUE.

I think it's a power adapter issue.
    When using a multiplug on a 240v power supply: Fault
    When using directly into the power: Charge

I think it doesn't reach the necessary voltage minimum (200v) to charge the device. 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019
    @mohan2018 The Nitro 7 internal battery is not reset in the way you describe only the Nitro 5 so please be careful in your answers. Also can you please stop using triple spacing between each line, it is bad Forum etiquette. Sorry to be straight to the point but it helps keep things neat.

Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    A fair number of laptop power supplies don't work right when plugged into a UPS or surge arrester. Best to just plug them directly into the wall when that's the case.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019
    billsey said:
    A fair number of laptop power supplies don't work right when plugged into a UPS or surge arrester. Best to just plug them directly into the wall when that's the case.

I am sorry but I have to disagree, not using a surge protector is against all the norms of computer use and you risk frying your computer if you are using it at the time of a power outage or power surge, which can be due to a storm or in countries that do not have good reliable consistent power supply. I personally have never had a power cord that won't charge through a good quality surge protector and Acer supplied power cords charge correctly when using a good quality surge protector. The key here is "Good quality", because like any other hardware, badly manufactured cheap brands may cause problems. GE, Belkin and Phillips are top quality affordable brands and are readily available worldwide on Amazon

Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Brazilrome
    Brazilrome Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    I have same problem, trying everything else First: delete battery driver/ instal new driver , trying another charger etc. Nothing works.

I open the  bottom cover and unplug the battery 1 minute and plug it back. Everything work normal then.
  • adc777
    adc777 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I have removed the connection of the battery from the motherboard and reconnect it after a minute or two then it worked.  But after a couple of days it happened again...the nitro 7 not charging.  Is there any other solution on this? I had my laptop for just 2 weeks now and it is very frustrating.
  • Alfieri
    Alfieri Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

adc777 said:
    I have removed the connection of the battery from the motherboard and reconnect it after a minute or two then it worked.  But after a couple of days it happened again...the nitro 7 not charging.  Is there any other solution on this? I had my laptop for just 2 weeks now and it is very frustrating.
    Same here, pal. We are hundreds of ACER costumers going through this frustrating issue.
  • kuzzy00
    kuzzy00 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    edited May 2020
    The only thing different to the usual advice (reset battery (15-sec power), power outlet (not multiplug), remove battery drivers, restarting, etc is:
    Registry Editor: (Windows + R > regedit) > Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power (Copy and paste this :) )
    EnergyEstimationDisabled EnergyEstimationEnabled > change from 1, to 0
    Restart computer
    Reopen Registry Editor
    EnergyEstimationEnabled > set to 1
    Restart Computer

You can always make sure to update Intel Drivers by using their Driver Update Assistant:
    https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

But my Acer Nitro 7 still has the same issue.

Backup your files (you'll be glad you did) then check laptop with another adapter (ideally at the retailer).

Alternative adapter works: Faulty adapter
    Alternative adapter doesn't work: Faulty battery
  • noushadtri
    noushadtri Member Posts: 2 New User

Acer nitro 7 AN715-51 battery wont charge

I have this problem on my system on two or 3 times. Then I am removed laptop back cover and battery to mother board cable then reconnects. that is working. now I found a solution without removing back cover

1)Use laptop without charger until battery drain to below 10%

2)Restart/turn off laptop and go to bios using F2 or DEL key

3)Wait for system turn off after drain battery (0%)

4)After automatic turning off press and hold power button 50 second without connect charger

5)wait 3 minutes

6)Connect charger and wait 3 minutes

7)Turn on system and check the charging

Good luck!