Options
2»

Answers

• sandipsolank
    sandipsolank Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited September 2019
    Options
    jeetdec said:
    reset (EC) it by pressing reset pinhole at back. press for for a few seconds. wait 5 minutes and restart.
    post what happens ...
    This pin hole? In attachment

Have you got the laptop from the acer service centre or you replaced the keyboard?
  • jeetdec
    jeetdec Member Posts: 35 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    After 20 Days they replace keyboard and now my Laptop working fine.
  • jeetdec
    Options
    I got my laptop. Now it working, They changed full upper panel with keyboard 
  • ManishKumar
    ManishKumar Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    jeetdec said: 
    After 20 Days they replace keyboard and now my Laptop working fine.
    Pls provide your contact number, i have the same issue.My laptop is out of warranty. pls contact 8767498473. Same model as yours with same issue
  • ManishKumar
    ManishKumar Member Posts: 3 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    pls help ...call me at 8767498473 with same issue
  • jeetdec
    Options
    You can get from Acer service center but they will charge coz ur laptop is out of warranty or u can order from Alibaba or Aliexpress.
  • jHiuzak
    jHiuzak Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    SalarX said:
    jeetdec said:
    My laptop model - Aspire 5 A-515-51G-5673 4 months old.
    Today 13/09/2019 i faced auto shutdown issue while window update.
    I got "Acer Power Button" popup message and it got auto shutdown and not getting switch on by clicking Power button from key board. If i click any other button like f2 or f3 other it get switched on. But if i not clicking any 5 sec then it again getting off. To turned on i have to keep clicking any key from key board. As i not pressing any key till 5 sec again it show "Acer Power Button"  and get shutdown. Find screen shot. Plz reply .
    Hi!
    It seems that your keyboard/power button might be faulty. I have a few questions first-
    1. Do other keyboard keys work fine?
    2. Does your power button seems wobbly or broken / too hard to press / too soft to press.
    I might not be able to help you solve the power on problem until I get answer regarding the above two q's, but I can surely help you with the power pop ups:-
    1. Uninstall/Remove the Power Button Utility from using Add or Remove Program.
    2. Reboot
    3. Go to Settings -> System -> Power & Sleep -> Additional Power Settings -> Chose what the power buttons do (on the Navigation Panel on left). Set Do nothing for When I press the power button for both on battery and plugged in.
    This should solve you Auto Shutdown Problem. Regarding turning on, I'd like to know the answer to my first question.
    Hi, brow! I kept pressing any key so my laptop wouldn't shut down and tried what you suggested on Windows 10 and on Xubuntu. It did not work.
  • rodriguez_cu
    rodriguez_cu Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem, my laptop is an A515-51 and it barely has a year of use, what a bad product! And from what I see it is a problem that does not have an easy solution.
  • Nishant078
    Nishant078 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hey, how did you solve this problem?? I am facing the same problem in my nitro 5

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,546 Trailblazer
    Options

This is a 4-year-old thread, you will get much better results posting a new thread with your full laptop model. 😉