Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-5673 - Auto power off

jeetdec
jeetdec Member Posts: 35 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited September 2019 in Aspire Laptops
My laptop model - Aspire 5 A-515-51G-5673 4 months old.
Today 13/09/2019 i faced auto shutdown issue while window update.
I got "Acer Power Button" popup message and it got auto shutdown and not getting switch on by clicking Power button from key board. If i click any other button like f2 or f3 other it get switched on. But if i not clicking any 5 sec then it again getting off. To turned on i have to keep clicking any key from key board. As i not pressing any key till 5 sec again it show "Acer Power Button"  and get shutdown. Find screen shot. Plz reply .

Best Answers

• sandipsolank
    sandipsolank Member Posts: 4 New User
    Answer ✓
    I also got the same problem on acer aspire a515-51g-5673 and the laptop get shut down in only 3-5 sec and in BIOS mode also it gets shuts down.
    Except the power button it gets start with using any keyboard key.

my TriCK:-
    I am continously holding any key of laptop keyboard so the laptop will work and not get turn off ...But still it is "very frustating".

• sandipsolank
    Answer ✓
    Please reply when you get the laptop from Acer Service Centre.Also review if the problem solved or not after replacing the keyboard.
    jeetdec said:
    I also got the same problem on acer aspire a515-51g-5673 and the laptop get shut down in only 3-5 sec and in BIOS mode also it gets shuts down.

I am continously holding any key of laptop keyboard so the laptop will work and not get turn off ...But still it is "very frustating".

Hi Sandip,

It's keyboard issue. If your laptop under warranty, then go contact to authorized Acer service center. First call Acer customer care and get Case ID and share same case ID to Acer service center. 
    As of now they are telling they don't have keyboard for this model in India. Hence it will take 3 to 4 days to get this model keyboard from Acer Headquarter i.e this out of India. 

• ManishKumar
    ManishKumar Member Posts: 3 New User
    Answer ✓
    pls help ...call me at 8767498473 with same issue

Answers

• GLM
    GLM Member Posts: 52 Troubleshooter
    it should be a bug , 
    Try reverting back.to.your previous version 
  • jeetdec
    GLM said:
    it should be a bug , 
    Try reverting back.to.your previous version 
    How? Coz it not giving me time to open other setting. As i not click any button it got shutdown.
  • Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    reset (EC) it by pressing reset pinhole at back. press for for a few seconds. wait 5 minutes and restart.
    post what happens ...
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • jeetdec
    reset (EC) it by pressing reset pinhole at back. press for for a few seconds. wait 5 minutes and restart.
    post what happens ...
    This pin hole? In attachment
  • jeetdec
    This pin hole? Should laptop turn on then press or off mode?

• jeetdec
    jeetdec said:
    post what happens ...
    This pin hole? In attachment
    Did u check screenshot?
  • jeetdec
    post what happens ...
    I tried but still facing same issue.
  • GLM
    GLM Member Posts: 52 Troubleshooter
    Reset your Pc , will see if the issue still.exist
  • KishoreAdapa
    KishoreAdapa Member Posts: 2 New User
    Bro same laptop.. today samei got  problem.. there is no time for switching and getting windows home screen... It shutdown so quickly and starts from the beginning... Again and again 
  • jeetdec
    Bro same laptop.. today samei got  problem.. there is no time for switching and getting windows home screen... It shutdown so quickly and starts from the beginning... Again and again 
    Keyboard issue. Service center technician said. This model have keyboard issue. 2 more guys came with same problem with same model.
  • KishoreAdapa
    KishoreAdapa Member Posts: 2 New User
    How long it will take to get repaired 
  • jeetdec
    edited September 2019
    How long it will take to get repaired 
    No idea. 14/09/2019 i handover to service center. They told me right now we don't have stock. 1st will order, take 4 to 5 days. Let see...
  • sandipsolank
    Answer ✓

• jeetdec

Hi Sandip,

It's keyboard issue. If your laptop under warranty, then go contact to authorized Acer service center. First call Acer customer care and get Case ID and share same case ID to Acer service center. 
    As of now they are telling they don't have keyboard for this model in India. Hence it will take 3 to 4 days to get this model keyboard from Acer Headquarter i.e this out of India. 

• sandipsolank
    Answer ✓
    Please reply when you get the laptop from Acer Service Centre.Also review if the problem solved or not after replacing the keyboard.
    jeetdec said:

Hi Sandip,

• jeetdec
    jeetdec said:

Hi Sandip,

Sure..
  • SalarX
    SalarX Member Posts: 45 Devotee WiFi Icon
    jeetdec said:
    I got "Acer Power Button" popup message and it got auto shutdown and not getting switch on by clicking Power button from key board. If i click any other button like f2 or f3 other it get switched on. But if i not clicking any 5 sec then it again getting off. To turned on i have to keep clicking any key from key board. As i not pressing any key till 5 sec again it show "Acer Power Button"  and get shutdown. Find screen shot. Plz reply .
    Hi!
    It seems that your keyboard/power button might be faulty. I have a few questions first-
    1. Do other keyboard keys work fine?
    2. Does your power button seems wobbly or broken / too hard to press / too soft to press.
    I might not be able to help you solve the power on problem until I get answer regarding the above two q's, but I can surely help you with the power pop ups:-
    1. Uninstall/Remove the Power Button Utility from using Add or Remove Program.
    2. Reboot
    3. Go to Settings -> System -> Power & Sleep -> Additional Power Settings -> Chose what the power buttons do (on the Navigation Panel on left). Set Do nothing for When I press the power button for both on battery and plugged in.
    This should solve you Auto Shutdown Problem. Regarding turning on, I'd like to know the answer to my first question.
    If you feel I've helped you, give a Yes to Did this answer the question? 
    If you like my posts or comments, give a Like.
    My laptop is Acer Nitro 5 Spin (NP515-51). 
    I'm from India with love for technology, so message me if you want to discuss or ask a question  :3
  • jeetdec
    SalarX said:
    jeetdec said:
    Hi!
    It seems that your keyboard/power button might be faulty. I have a few questions first-
    2. Does your power button seems wobbly or broken / too hard to press / too soft to press.
    I might not be able to help you solve the power on problem until I get answer regarding the above two q's, but I can surely help you with the power pop ups:-
    2. Reboot
    3. Go to Settings -> System -> Power & Sleep -> Additional Power Settings -> Chose what the power buttons do (on the Navigation Panel on left). Set Do nothing for When I press the power button for both on battery and plugged in.
    This should solve you Auto Shutdown Problem. Regarding turning on, I'd like to know the answer to my first question.
    Hi SalarX,

Thanks for your response!!

1. o other keyboard keys work fine? -- Ans - Not try
    2. Does your power button seems wobbly or broken / too hard to press / too soft to press. -- Ans - It's working as usual. No broken/ no hard/no soft.
    Due to this issue, laptop not giving me time to do setting what you suggested.. As i release key, it getting shutdown... :-(

Acer service center technician said this is keyboard issue. 
  • sandipsolank
    jeetdec said:
    SalarX said:
    jeetdec said:
    Hi!
    2. Reboot
    Hi SalarX,

2. Does your power button seems wobbly or broken / too hard to press / too soft to press. -- Ans - It's working as usual. No broken/ no hard/no soft.
    Due to this issue, laptop not giving me time to do setting what you suggested.. As i release key, it getting shutdown... :-(

jeetdec said:
    SalarX said:
    jeetdec said:
    Hi!
    2. Reboot
    Hi SalarX,

*****************************************--------------------------------------------------************************************************
    Thankyou Salarx and Jeetdec....
    I have done the setting as you said and attached the images but still facing the issue.
    Please help.

Yes all buttons works fine except the power button.
    1. Does your power button seems wobbly or broken / too hard to press / too soft to press.
             Currently i am holding one key continously so that the computer should not turns off and when i press the both the (Any key +power Button) it gets shut down.How is this possible.
  • SalarX
    SalarX Member Posts: 45 Devotee WiFi Icon
    jeetdec said:
    SalarX said:
    jeetdec said:
    Hi!
    2. Reboot
    Hi SalarX,

jeetdec said:
    SalarX said:
    jeetdec said:
    Hi!
    2. Reboot
    Hi SalarX,

*****************************************--------------------------------------------------************************************************
    Thankyou Salarx and Jeetdec....
    I have done the setting as you said and attached the images but still facing the issue.
    Please help.

Yes all buttons works fine except the power button.
    1. Does your power button seems wobbly or broken / too hard to press / too soft to press.
             Currently i am holding one key continously so that the computer should not turns off and when i press the both the (Any key +power Button) it gets shut down.How is this possible.
    Try this once-
     Go to Device manager and disable the keyboard driver for your keyboard under Keyboards
    If issue still persists, I guess then it's the keyboard that's faulty then. Getting the keyboard replaced is the right choice.

*There's something I would do when my keyboard would misbehave (I won't suggest doing it and it might damage your keyboard, do it on you own risk!)-
    Make a fist and start punching your keyboard, with hand position in a way that your thumb is upwards and the pinky finger is vertically downwards. Try to cover as many keys as possible. You can also use your palm and press the keys. This would most of the times solve the random key press problem and also some keys not working. Have faced such problem many times and it worked everytime, for a long period. I know it's really silly but it works. Make sure you press hard enough only to make the keys press and not break your laptop.  :p
    If you feel I've helped you, give a Yes to Did this answer the question? 
    If you like my posts or comments, give a Like.
    My laptop is Acer Nitro 5 Spin (NP515-51). 
    I'm from India with love for technology, so message me if you want to discuss or ask a question  :3