[Request] Option to disable Nvdia Graphics from Bios on Nitro 5 Spin (NP515-51)

Options
SalarX
SalarX Member Posts: 45 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
As stated in the following posts-
https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/556296/nitro-np515-51-nitro-5-spin-nvidia-driver-power-sleep-and-screen-issues/
https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/569629/acer-nitro-5-spin-turning-off-suddenly-fans-are-on-100-but-the-laptop-isn-t-responding
This issue is basically caused by Nvdia Graphics interfering with ACPI display, rendering the laptop unusable when allowed to turn display off using timer, lid close, or power button. I can't stop Nvidia Driver from automatically installing via Windows Update too, and no one from Acer would acknowledge this issue and give solutions like creating a powerplan or just disabling the timers and kill the life of the display.
So here's a small request, atleast provide an option to disable Nvidia Graphics from BIOS; I don't use them anyway. Or if you can trace and fix this issue, please do.

If you feel I've helped you, give a Yes to Did this answer the question? 
If you like my posts or comments, give a Like.
My laptop is Acer Nitro 5 Spin (NP515-51). 
I'm from India with love for technology, so message me if you want to discuss or ask a question  :3

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    I'm sorry but this is a Peer to Peer forum and not a Portal to Acer for your issue, we are all users just like you

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• SalarX
    Options
    andylb said:
    I'm sorry but this is a Peer to Peer forum and not a Portal to Acer for your issue, we are all users just like you
     :s 

I'm from India with love for technology, so message me if you want to discuss or ask a question  :3
  • SalarX
    Options
    Well I might have finally found the cause and fix to this problem. If anyone in future faces this issue, Go to Settings -> System -> Power & Sleep -> Additional power settings -> create a power plan -> Choose High Performance -> Next -> Create. Switch to this Power Plan and the above problem should disappear. Note that setting same settings as in High Performance Plan in your Balanced Plan and switching to it won't work. For now this seems to work, and I can keep my laptop idle with lid closed overnight.