how can i my laptop to projector

bestskateboarders
bestskateboarders Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2019 in Projectors
hey can any help me to connect my laptop to projector i want to show my website to my team mates.

Edited by Acer-Harvey as personal information was shared. 

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited August 2019
    Hi @bestskateboarders
    What is the full model number of your laptop?

Follow these steps to set up the display using a projector:
    Turn off the notebook. Connect one end of the VGA or HDMI cable to the projector. 
    Connect the other end to the VGA or HDMI port on the notebook.
    Turn on the notebook.
    Plug the projector power cord into an AC power source and turn it on. Windows recognizes the new hardware.
    In the New Display Detected dialog box, select the options for the projector and then click OK.
    The New Display Detected dialog box will only appear the first time an external display is attached. Windows will save the settings for future use with that external display.
    Press and hold the FN key and then tap the Display Toggle key to select between viewing the display only on the LCD panel, viewing the display only on the external display, and viewing the display on both the LCD panel and the external display. The Display Toggle key will be either the F4, F5 or the F6 key. While holding the FN and the Display Toggle key down a viewing option selection box similar to below will appear.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • shibsankar
    shibsankar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey I did all that but the PPT comes well, but no sound comes if the video is connected. If I connect the sound jack then Video does not come only sound comes. In any presentation, the sound and video should come together. How does one do it?
  • gfs
    gfs Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey I did all that but the PPT comes well, but no sound comes if the video is connected. If I connect the sound jack then Video does not come only sound comes. In any presentation, the sound and video should come together. How does one do it?
    You use the speaker on laptop or external speaker??
  • johnlung
    johnlung Member Posts: 1 New User
    gfs said:
    Hey @gfs, It seems that the issue of @shibsankar is not what you said. I have encountered such a problem. And I reset everything, success smiled at me. I recommend you reset the computer, then try again. Good luck
  • hannahandrew
    hannahandrew Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited September 2020
    I too want to make a project of my ‎Acer Nitro 7, I am good at Destiny 2 Ascendant Challenge and looking forward to playing it on a big screen. I end up using a project but how to do that any guide will be really appreciatable. 
  • brand213
    brand213 Member Posts: 2 New User
    hannahandrew playing games in project is not a good idea

hannahandrew said:
    I too want to make a project of my ‎Acer Nitro 7, I am good at Destiny 2 Ascendant Challenge and looking forward to playing it on a big screen. I end up using a project but how to do that any guide will be really appreciatable. 

• hannahandrew

Tinkerer

brand213 said:
    hannahandrew playing games in project is not a good idea

hannahandrew said:

I know but big screens and some good sounds will give you another feeling of playing the game, but I am happy with my Acer Nitro 7.
  • brand213
    brand213 Member Posts: 2 New User
    @hannahandrew said:
    @hannahandrew indeed but its not a hardware problem its a windows problem if your laptop is not getting connected with your projector
  • hannahandrew

Tinkerer

any guide to solve it?
  • rokuvsfirestick
    rokuvsfirestick Member Posts: 1 New User
    Follow these steps: 
    1. Setup the projector facing the screen, and plug in the power cord. Set your laptop next to the projector.
    2. Plug one end of the VGA cable (shown above) into the COMPUTER 1 IN port on the projector.
    3. Plug the other end of the VGA cable into your laptop's monitor port. If you have a display adapter for your laptop, connect that to the VGA cable before connecting it to your laptop.
    4. Turn on your laptop first. Then turn on the projector by first turning the power button to | and then push the top power button.
      The lamp will take a minute to warm up and display.
      If there is a display problem, continue to step 5.
    5. Switch your monitor 
    for more details visit this appreciated portal click here
    I am using the Del dell i3 Inspiron 15 3000 series for working on my blog Roku vs Firestick and I also use the projector Epson EB-X05 for presentation.

Hope you get the problem resolved now. 
  • techmetoi111
    techmetoi111 Member Posts: 1 New User
     hannahandrew said:
    any guide to solve it?
    any guide to solve it?
    lundiary can solve this but you have to ask.
  • Couponsva
    Couponsva Member Posts: 1 New User
    johnlung said:
    gfs said:
    Hey @gfs, It seems that the issue of @shibsankar is not what you said. I have encountered such a problem. And I reset everything, success smiled at me. I recommend you reset the computer, then try again. Good luck
    Thanks for share! I want to follow this topics. The content is utmost interesting! I have completely enjoyed reading your points and have come to the conclusion that you are right about many of them. You are great