next@acer 2020

how can i my laptop to projector

bestskateboardersbestskateboarders Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2019 in Projectors
hey can any help me to connect my laptop to projector i want to show my website to my team mates.

Edited by Acer-Harvey as personal information was shared. 

Comments

• SharanjiSharanji ACE Posts: 4,186 Pathfinder
    edited August 2019
    Hi @bestskateboarders
    What is the full model number of your laptop?

Follow these steps to set up the display using a projector:
    Turn off the notebook. Connect one end of the VGA or HDMI cable to the projector. 
    Connect the other end to the VGA or HDMI port on the notebook.
    Turn on the notebook.
    Plug the projector power cord into an AC power source and turn it on. Windows recognizes the new hardware.
    In the New Display Detected dialog box, select the options for the projector and then click OK.
    The New Display Detected dialog box will only appear the first time an external display is attached. Windows will save the settings for future use with that external display.
    Press and hold the FN key and then tap the Display Toggle key to select between viewing the display only on the LCD panel, viewing the display only on the external display, and viewing the display on both the LCD panel and the external display. The Display Toggle key will be either the F4, F5 or the F6 key. While holding the FN and the Display Toggle key down a viewing option selection box similar to below will appear.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • shibsankarshibsankar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey I did all that but the PPT comes well, but no sound comes if the video is connected. If I connect the sound jack then Video does not come only sound comes. In any presentation, the sound and video should come together. How does one do it?
  • gfsgfs Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey I did all that but the PPT comes well, but no sound comes if the video is connected. If I connect the sound jack then Video does not come only sound comes. In any presentation, the sound and video should come together. How does one do it?
    You use the speaker on laptop or external speaker??
  • johnlungjohnlung Member Posts: 1 New User
    gfs said:
    You use the speaker on laptop or external speaker??
    Hey @gfs, It seems that the issue of @shibsankar is not what you said. I have encountered such a problem. And I reset everything, success smiled at me. I recommend you reset the computer, then try again. Good luck