Acer Monitor Colour Display

Options
Monitorsucks
Monitorsucks Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi All, I have an Acer E5 (E5 -575-55Z3) it was purchased back in 2017 (cant afford to get a new one as yet)

I use it for my business and often have to print flyers and handouts for work from it. However the colors DO NOT display correctly and i have tried numerous things to get it to do so with no luck. 

Its at the point where i have to pick a color a big tone/shade away from the intended color im seeking in order to get the colour i want.

for example if i pick red to compare on my monitor against another (Pantone 485C ) it looks like its orange but on another its bright red and despite my hardest to calibrate i cannot get it to display the same or similar red.

It has to be the worst display i have ever had on a laptop and i know that laptops dont display the best but this has been like this since it was purchased - the colors have never looked correct or close.

so what can i do to fix and correct that isnt going to cost me $$

Answers

• Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited September 2019
    Options
    do color calibration in windows!  properly, via the intel graphic control panel (if intel gfx).
    or better yet buy an ips, 72% ntsc colour gamut screen. 
    Acer screen sucks , at least in its budget cost range.
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • Monitorsucks
    Monitorsucks Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Ive already done the window calibration as per the graphics panel - it does nothing to fix the colour situation. :(