Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter PROBLEM ERROR (make wifi router down/limited)

2»

Answers

• Y0un9
    Y0un9 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited September 2019
    Сделайте чистую установку операционной системы и самостоятельно не обновляйте драйвера, используйте те что установит Windows, я думаю существует какой-то конфликт драйверов, мне помогло

Make a clean installation of the operating system and do not update the drivers yourself, use the ones that install Windows, I think there is some kind of driver conflict, it helped me.

Edited by Acer Harvey.
  • Zemez
    Zemez Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    To all in this thread,

The issue that you all are experiencing has to due with a combination of buggy drivers for the Qualcomm Wireless network cards from both Qualcomm and Microsoft. everyone is experiencing issues from Lenovo all the way to the Surface Pro's. I have a Nitro 5 42-R5ED that was having the same issues as well as when connecting to some networks the network connection would freeze and then put the card into a continuous reboot loop or it would crash the driver on both Qualcomm or Microsoft.

I had put in an Intel 7265ac I had lying around, with no issues and I just put in an Intel WiFi 6 AX200 Wirless card for $20 US in and it has been working flawlessly ever since. 
  • jgrob2002
    jgrob2002 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Just fixed my Qualcomm atheros qca61x4a wireless network adapter.  Running Windows 10 on a 4 yr old Acer Aspire R,  I Just experienced my qualcomm atheros qca61x4a wireless network adapter going out. With no connection to the internet I was stuck. I used my phone to search for answers.  I had noticed that after trouble shooting that the connections folder was empty.  After reading through a dozen fixes talking about registry and what not, I decided to just go into my device management and see if the issue could be addressed directly.  Opening FOLDERS I found the manage icon at the top. Inside the MANAGER I found the DEVICE MANAGER in the program tree on the left. I opened that and found the NETWORK ADAPTER about half way down the list. Opening that revealed a list of about 8 drivers. The top two were for the Qualcomm atheros qca61x4a wireless network adapter. One of them said (Microsoft). I selected that one and updated it. It updated internally with out being connected to the internet. The problem was instantly fixed. I guess Microsoft had created a more compatible version and I had not updated to it.  Thank you Microsoft! And thank you Acer, though I didn't need it this time I have been very happy with my Aspire R and your customer service in the past!
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Well done but the quickest way to get to Device Manager is to just type it in the Search bar

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• reddog000
    reddog000 Member Posts: 24 Networker
    I have the same issue on my 

Aspire A717-72G

.  It just happened.  My wireless connection just drops and sometimes I have to reboot just to get it to work again.  I know for a fact that this a a Driver Problem and Win10.  The Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter stops working for no reason and it is very frustrating.  Qualcom needs to fix this problem in Win10.  Just ridiculous.
  • Alexander077w
    Alexander077w Member Posts: 1 New User
    the same problem not solved until now for me my laptop Acer Nitro AN515-51
    i bought it from net and how to know registered Account please ? 
  • AgentChaos
    AgentChaos Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

• hallsan
    hallsan Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2020

Hi,

Could you please post the full model name, driver version, in the meantime try switching to different DNS provider, if you are using the DNS from your IPS, try either Google DNS or OpenDNS.

Go to Network and Internet in Control panel, go to network connections, right click your WiFi, select Properties, highlight Internet Protocol Version 4, select Properties, select the radio button "Use the following DNS addresses", find Open DNS address in my snip, if you want to try Google DNS, Primary:8.8.8.8 and the secondary: 8.8.4.4

CaptureJPG

Looks like this has helped me keep my internet connection from dropping, so far so good. Thanks so much!

Edited the content to hide personal information.
    Acer-Samuel
  • reddog000
    reddog000 Member Posts: 24 Networker
    Thanks AgentChaos (even though I found this link earlier today).  Trying driver version 12.0.0.916   Do not know how I missed this but either way thanks for the link.  Hopefully this will solve my random internet drop issues.  Will make me happy if it works after dealing with this issue for soooo long.
  • holyjesus
    holyjesus Member Posts: 3 New User
    Someone mentioned this already, but the issue is with the faulty drivers. I'm on an ACER NITRO 5 using Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A. My internet would drop randomly while other devices worked fine. I would have to run windows troubleshooter to fix it. Just clicking 'update driver' did not solve the issue.

What I did was to manually go in and force the 'correct driver'. I used an older version, I think 12.0.0.7. You can do this by clicking Update driver > Browse for drivers > Let me pick from a list > [Choose the one that says (Microsoft) next to it.]. I'm now trying 12.0.0.916 from <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.ath-drivers.eu/download-driver-nr-368-for-atheros-QCA61x4A-and-Windows10.html">https://www.ath-drivers.eu/download-driver-nr-368-for-atheros-QCA61x4A-and-Windows10.html</a> which is a later version than what the auto-updater gives you, which is 12.0.0.910. I haven't had issues yet. 
  • holyjesus
    holyjesus Member Posts: 3 New User
    This issue is with this driver. I'm on the ACER NITRO 5, which uses Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Wireless Network Adapter. Someone in this thread might have said this already, but you can fix it by forcing the "correct" driver. I had this same problem where the internet would drop randomly and I had to run the troubleshooter to fix. Just clicking 'update driver' in the device manager did not solve it. The old thing I did was forcing an old version of the driver. I think it was 12.0.7. How you do it is you click Update driver > Browse my computer > Let me pick from a list > pick the one that says (Microsoft). I just downloaded 12.0.0.916 from https://www.ath-drivers.eu/download-driver-nr-368-for-atheros-QCA61x4A-and-Windows10.html. I'm not having issues yet.
  • tech12
    tech12 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Awesome holyjesus
This discussion has been closed.