Headset microphone not working helios 300

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The problem with using a jack splitter is that both the plugs for it and the headset must be wired to conform to the PC or OMTP pinout ring format in the jack as shown in the image below.  To rule out a  laptop jack issue, which is doubtful, I'd purchase a OMTP headset from a vendor with a good return policy to test it out if  it were mine. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• thunderman913
    thunderman913 Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    The problem with using a jack splitter is that both the plugs for it and the headset must be wired to conform to the PC or OMTP pinout ring format in the jack as shown in the image below.  To rule out a  laptop jack issue, which is doubtful, I'd purchase a OMTP headset from a vendor with a good return policy to test it out if  it were mine. Jack E/NJ

Sooo from what I understood it is highly unlikely to fix the issue and the best decision is to get an external sound card, since it would work on my current headset?

• JackE
    Options
    >>>is to get an external sound card, >>>

No. Get a headset with a single OMTP plug to test the laptop's single OMTP jack. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• thunderman913

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>is to get an external sound card, >>>

No. Get a headset with a single OMTP plug to test the laptop's single OMTP jack. Jack E/NJ

I mean, wouldnt it be easier just to get an external sound card, they are like 5 euro. 
    At least it would save the pain to order a headset try it out, return it and then find the suitable jack splitter, it's too much of a work.
    My question is: Will the external card work for sure? Is there a chance of it not working?
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Will the external card work for sure?>>>

Don't even know what card you're looking at. A BT card? A jack wired card? A USB wired card? Try whatever 5 euro card you're looking at. Then you can tell us. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• thunderman913

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>Will the external card work for sure?>>>

Don't even know what card you're looking at. A BT card? A jack wired card? A USB wired card? Try whatever 5 euro card you're looking at. Then you can tell us. Jack E/NJ

I'm currently looking at USB external cards. Maybe something like this one ^^.
    Can USB cards not work?

• JackE
    Options
    It might work. Try it and see. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• febinmathew
    febinmathew Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello,
    I recently bought an acer predator helios 300 2019 and it has only one headset jack (my headset has 2 jacks) and so I had to buy a jack splitter (TRRS to 2xTRS). 
    So now when I connect my headset only the speakers work and not the microphone. Any ideas?
    Any solution? Facing the same issue! :(
  • thunderman913

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello,
    I recently bought an acer predator helios 300 2019 and it has only one headset jack (my headset has 2 jacks) and so I had to buy a jack splitter (TRRS to 2xTRS). 
    So now when I connect my headset only the speakers work and not the microphone. Any ideas?
    Any solution? Facing the same issue! :(
    Well not really. I had bought a Jack Splitter but they just do not work properly with every laptop, so I just ended up buying a USB external card, like the one shown above ^^ and it works fine. 
    Do not waste money on jack splitter, just get a USB external card. It will surely work and they are fairly cheap.
  • JackE
    Options
    You need to get a newer single plug PC or OMTP TRRS headset for best results. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ