Dolby Audio application disappeared nitro 5

Shackafg
Shackafg Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited January 2021 in Nitro Gaming
I turned on my laptop today and noticed that the dolby audio software is missing, is there a way to get it back?
My laptop is Acer Nitro 5 SNID: ************** 

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

Answers

• Nasdaq
    Nasdaq Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited June 2019
    reinstall sound driver from acer support page -  Acer Nitro 5 SNID: **************  

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]
  • Nasdaq
    Nasdaq Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    reinstall sound driver from acer support page tied to your model-  Acer Nitro 5
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Nasdaq said:
    reinstall sound driver from acer support page tied to your model-  Acer Nitro 5
    You don't need to reinstall them they are still in your program files. Go to Programfilesx86/Realtek/Audio then find the Dax2 file double click and reinstall it

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Shackafg

Tinkerer

I tried reinstalling it from the programfiles, and Its the same as before. My audio works, I think they might have changed the program after updating maybe? Before there use to be a dolby application icon in the bottom of the screen where I could change the audio setting but its not there anymore, is there a way to get that back?
  • andylb
    edited June 2019
    Yep, go to your start menu, find Dolby and drag it to your Taskbar at the bottom of the screen

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb

This is what you need to do 

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Shackafg

Tinkerer

When I search dolby audio i get no results, but there is dolby audio x2 Windows API SDK installed on the laptop
  • andylb
    Shackafg said:
    When I search dolby audio i get no results, but there is dolby audio x2 Windows API SDK installed on the laptop

Don't search, left click the Windows Icon in the bottom left of the taskbar then scroll down and tell me if Dolby is there

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Shackafg

Tinkerer

Its not there either 
  • andylb
    Then it isn't installed properly. give me 5 mins

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    edited June 2019
    OK let's start over again and go a different way that worked for me, I think part of the problem is that when Windows update updates the Realtek driver it somehow uninstalls Dolby, here goes

go here and download the Audio Driver save it to the Desktop https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7605?b=1 Open the file but do NOT run the Realtek installer. Double click on DAX2 then double click on X64 then double click on DAX2 app release, answer yes to any security popups. When it has installed go back to your start menu from the windows Icon and see if Dolby is now there, if it is click it and the black Dolby Icon can be dragged to your Taskbar as in the the screenshots above. let me know

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Shackafg

Tinkerer

Worked.
    Thanks man 
  • andylb
    Shackafg said:
    Worked.
    Thanks man 
    Glad it worked M8. Keep that audio file somewhere on your computer and if it happens again just reinstall that DAX2 file. It's happened to me twice already

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Shaon08
    Shaon08 Member Posts: 1 New User
    andylb said:
    OK let's start over again and go a different way that worked for me, I think part of the problem is that when Windows update updates the Realtek driver it somehow uninstalls Dolby, here goes

go here and download the Audio Driver save it to the Desktop https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7605?b=1 Open the file but do NOT run the Realtek installer. Double click on DAX2 then double click on X64 then double click on DAX2 app release, answer yes to any security popups. When it has installed go back to your start menu from the windows Icon and see if Dolby is now there, if it is click it and the black Dolby Icon can be dragged to your Taskbar as in the the screenshots above. let me know

I did as you mentioned but this error occures, please help
  • pnakhwah
    pnakhwah Member Posts: 1 New User
    Shaon08 said:
    andylb said:

I did as you mentioned but this error occures, please help
    have you fixed it? i have the same problem. 
  • alinurhakimm
    alinurhakimm Member Posts: 2 New User
    1. Open this link https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers, next enter serial or select your device.

2.  Download Audio Driver 

4. When it's finished downloading, open the folder where the file was downloaded. Next Extract Audio Realtek (.zip) file to folder

5. Open folder Audio Realtek

6. Click setup.exe and install the driver then click next to finish

7. Done. Try looking for "Dolby Audio" in Start Menu and Open.
  • lilAE
    lilAE Member Posts: 31 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    1. Open this link https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers, next enter serial or select your device.

2.  Download Audio Driver 

4. When it's finished downloading, open the folder where the file was downloaded. Next Extract Audio Realtek (.zip) file to folder

5. Open folder Audio Realtek

6. Click setup.exe and install the driver then click next to finish

7. Done. Try looking for "Dolby Audio" in Start Menu and Open.

after doing that and looking for the dolby program sends me the @pnakhwah error