HOw to Boot

Options
LungaSkosana
LungaSkosana Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 12 in 2019 Archives
Hi all. My computer is slow. Task manager says it is running at 100% CPU usage but when I try "end task" a new task (Notepad) takes up the remaining CPU space.
When I end that task, the RAM is used now by "Windows Command Processor" and the loop is infinite.
How do I stop this?

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    LungaSkosana

>> Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue.  Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Disconnect the external display. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

>>Disable Startup programs that takes high CPU and slows PC
    Press Win + R to bring Run dialog > Type: msconfig to open Task Manager;
    Click on Startup on Task Manager > Select and right-click on unnecessary programs or apps > Select Disable to stop them running from Startup.

>>Run DISM command to decrease high CPU usage
    Right-click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin), sign in with your administrator account;
    Type: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit Enter;
    Type: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:RepairSourceWindows /LimitAccess and hit Enter;
    Type: sfc /scannow and hit Enter;
    Restart PC after this and then CPU high usage or RAM high usage issue have been lowered down by then. 

>>Disable Superfetch and Windows services to fix Windows high CPU usage 
    Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager;
    Go to Services tab and click Open services;
    Navigate and locate Superfetch, right click on it and select Properties;
    Click Stop to end the Superfetch service and click OK to confirm the change;
    Press Win + R to open Run dialog > Type: msconfig and click OK;
    Check Hide all Microsoft services under Services tab > Uncheck all other remaining services > OK to save all changes;
    Restart Windows 10 Fall Creators > Enable any services individually and reboot PC > Repeat the process till Windows 10 Fall Creators high CPU usage issue gets fixed by then.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!