Easystore H340 - Can someone share recovery discs as I have lost my originals

ZIPRUN01
ZIPRUN01 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Can someone please help me with a copy of original recovery disc for my H340.  I called the Acer store and they tell me they are no longer available.  [email protected]

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

Best Answer

• Acer-Manny_Retired
    Acer-Manny_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited May 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi all,

Please click here to download the zip file for ANNIE.GHO.

Note: this thread will be now closed. 

Thanks for patience, 
    Acer-Manny

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,266 Trailblazer
    You are probably much better off either trying to use the Microsoft installation tool for installing a later Windows version http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery
    or installing LinuxMint Cinnamon GUI that can be configured to have arguably about the same look, feel and familiarity as the last halfway decent Windows version (Win7). Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Chihua14
    Chihua14 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have all 3 discs that came with the H340 when I originally purchased it. I assume that it is ok for me to share them but I would like someone from Acer to weigh in on this. It seems unusual that it wouldn't be available from Acer. Not sure how or where I would post or upload an iso image of them. I personally am looking for the ANNIE.GHO file. Some have commented that it is on the original discs but that file is not there. It would also be useful if someone can give instructions for creating a bootable usb from the recovery discs.
  • JackE
    If they're Win7, Win8 or pre-Win7 installation discs, ACER discs are often no longer available. Furthermore, some of these might not work on machines with different embedded serial numbers. You can usually create bootable recovery USB sticks from the DVD discs by using RUFUS freeware. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ziprun
    ziprun Member Posts: 1 New User
    Chihua14 said:
    I have all 3 discs that came with the H340 when I originally purchased it. I assume that it is ok for me to share them but I would like someone from Acer to weigh in on this. It seems unusual that it wouldn't be available from Acer. Not sure how or where I would post or upload an iso image of them. I personally am looking for the ANNIE.GHO file. Some have commented that it is on the original discs but that file is not there. It would also be useful if someone can give instructions for creating a bootable usb from the recovery discs.
    we use to be able to download these before Acer stopped support.  Please let me know if I can get copies or a zipped version of the disc to restore.  thx
  • JackE
    Downloads were probably more than 10 years ago in the WinVista or WinXP era. It'll probably boot install from a RUFUS prepared USB stick from the disc iso. You might still need the WIN or OS serial number on the disc holder to complete the installation. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jpam
    jpam Member Posts: 1 New User
    Add my name to list of users looking for ANNIE.GHO - I have had two Acer EasyStores (two different locations) for WHS and they work flawlessly until they don't.  Anyone who could provide a copy would be a hero, based on the number of posts on this file. (I can confirm it was not on the setup disks with either of my systems.
  • JackE
    jpam>>> they work flawlessly until they don't. >>>

Another fine Yogiism !   :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Refer to this link and PM @Acer-Karp or one of the other moderators to see if they can help

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Chihua14
    Chihua14 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I can send the discs - I've made a zip file of the iso images. I need you email address to send you a Google Drive download link. Chihua
  • Acer-Manny_Retired
    Acer-Manny_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited May 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi all,

Please click here to download the zip file for ANNIE.GHO.

Note: this thread will be now closed. 

Thanks for patience, 
    Acer-Manny
This discussion has been closed.