Unable to connect to ACER EasyStore H340

ratrat4563
ratrat4563 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives

Upon initial turn-on the following is observed:

Power light lights blue

Network indicator, initially out and after roughly 40 seconds blinks blue rapidly

Hard Drive Status Indicator blinks blue

System Status Indicator blinks blue

HDD Access indicators out

After roughly 1 minute and 50 seconds a beep is heard from the unit and the following indications are observed:

Power button lit blue

Network indicator lit solid blue

Hard Drive Status Indicator out

System Status indicator lit red

HDD Access indicators lit red & blue (Note this does not change when all drives other than the system drive are removed, lights are still lit)

When running the Server Recovery Disc the indication “Server Not Found” is continuously returned on each attempt.

I have read the Aspire easyStore H340 Service Guide which tells me how to remove/replace components but all diagnostics other than randomly swapping parts at who knows what expense, are dependent upon the elusive referenced, but who knows where to get it, ANNIE.GHO diagnostic utility.  From the documentation it appears that this utility will help to identify where the failure lies.  The document states that it is contained on the CD which came with the system.  I have checked all three CD’s delivered with the system and the file is not there.  I have removed the system HDD from my H340 and installed it in another computer and the file is not there either.

Currently I am stuck with a box which will make a good boat anchor and am unwilling to randomly buy parts without having an indication as to what is bad other than the whole box.  If I cannot diagnose the problem at a reasonable cost I will have to replace the unit with something else and it will defiantly not be something built by ACER.

Best Answer

• Acer-Manny_Retired
    Acer-Manny_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi all,

Please click here to download the zip file for ANNIE.GHO.

Note: this thread will be now closed. 

Thanks for patience, 
    Acer-Manny

Answers

• ratrat4563
    ratrat4563 Member Posts: 3 New User

Just an update.

After four days without any response from ACER I have replaced my EasyStore H340 with a unit from Synology which appears to have much better customer support.  No more ACER products for me.

• Acer-Karp_Retired
    Acer-Karp_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

I apologize the inconvenience. I sent you a PM.

We are working to better assist you.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Acer-Fletcher
    Acer-Fletcher VIP Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited May 2019

Unable to connect to ACER Easy Store H340

Hello All,

If you can’t connect or see the 340 on the network please check the LAN port LED light located on the upper left and right portion of the LAN port for activity.  

If these lights  don't blink back and forth, the MB might be the problem. But run the ANNIE GHO diagnostic utility to validate your finding.

H340 Diagnostics You can run the H340 diagnostics to determine whether the problems with the system are caused by failing hardware, such as system fan, LED board, hard disk drive, memory, etc. You must prepare a bootable USB device to run the tests on the system.

To run the diagnostics, perform the following steps:

1. Turn off the system.
    2. Prepare a bootable USB device by copying or downloading the ANNIE.GHO diagnostic utility to the USB device. The diagnostic utility may be obtained from the CD that came with the system.
    3. Plug the bootable USB device to any USB port on the rear of the system.
    4. Press the Power button to turn on the system. The system status indicator blinks blue.
    5. Immediately press and release the Recovery/reset button with the paper clip end. The system status indicator blinks red and immediately starts the diagnostics:
    6. Onboard memory flash check
    7. HDD account check
    8. Memory size check (1024 or 2048 MB)
    9. Fan speed check
    10. CPU temperature check
    11. MB voltage check
    12. Backplane board temperature check
    13. PQAF system test
    14. PQAF memory test
    15. PQAF HDD test

K.Read SN from DMI data check

1. End test

During diagnostics, the result of the test displays on the HDD status indicators. The indicators blinks blue when the system has passed each diagnostic test, blinks red when an error condition occurs, and lights purple after the system has completed all diagnostic tests. Refer to the table below for detailed diagnostic conditions. Test Items HDD LED status (normal) HDD LED status

I have provided the link for ANNIE.GHO  diagnostic utility. https://www.yousendit.com/download/cUJVT2pGeWF0NjlqQThUQw

• Cookie2000
    Cookie2000 Member Posts: 1 New User

Could you please repost the link to Annie.gho.

i am trying to revive my h341 and the recovery CDs and software installation CDs do not find my unit, I guess something is wrong

• Gooniegoogoo
    Gooniegoogoo Member Posts: 8 New User

Could you please repost the Annie.Gho file??? the download link is dead

• Walter11
    Walter11 Member Posts: 1 New User

Could you please be so kind and repost the annie.gho file?

I have the same problem: No connection to the H340 server and would appreciate to get your support.

• Soling846
    Soling846 Member Posts: 1 New User

Please post the linke to the annie.gho file.  I am having the same problem with my H340 and would like to run the diagnostics.

• Gooniegoogoo

What files need to go exactly on the USB stick from the Annie.Tho file?

• Acer-Karp_Retired
    Acer-Karp_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Hello everyone,

Here is the the link for ANNIE.GHO  diagnostic utility.

Note: This link will be active for 14 days.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/cUJYa3ZPK3hwM2swTWRVag

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Gooniegoogoo

So do we unpack the archive to the root of the USB or do we just drag the archive in its entirety to the root of our USB Stick?

• heggi
    heggi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Please reactivate the link to ANNIE.GHO !!!
  • eirik
    eirik Member Posts: 2 New User
    Also need the diagnostic tool
  • northernguy69
    northernguy69 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Acer-Karp said:

Hello everyone,

Here is the the link for ANNIE.GHO  diagnostic utility.

Note: This link will be active for 14 days.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/cUJYa3ZPK3hwM2swTWRVag

Please post the link to ANNIE.GHO again!  I get a power LED and nothing else.  I need to find out what is wrong and if my 340 is worth saving.
    Thanks.
  • Snoke
    Snoke Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

This sound likely to be that who every wired up the power for the hard drives has invertly got the wires around the wrong way or your power unit is the actually is not the correct supply.

Also I would leave out the hard drive enter the bios and check the settings with out the hard drive in then save them according to the manual and save and restart then shut down your unit turn off power and reconnect the hard drive this will rule out compatibility and allocation of ports etcs.

If problem returns check the cabling and connectors for issues other wise it could be your hard drive just does not suit or system or its on its way out.

• tsspue
    tsspue Member Posts: 1 New User
    Somebody can helpme?, For mistake I deactivate the network, and obviusly I don't have connection, Some one knows how can I re-activate the netwok card without a screen, network? Thanks
  • Chihua14
    Chihua14 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I hadn't used the H340 for a few years until the past few days when I started using again because I am upgrading my computer. Everything works fine and I have never had any issues with it. I would like a copy of ANNIE.GHO in the event that I do encounter a problem as I have now made regular backups a large part of my security protocol.
  • Chihua14
    Chihua14 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I also need the ANNIE.GHO file - if someone from  ACER can repost the link that would be great.
  • Acer-Manny_Retired
    Acer-Manny_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi all,

Please click here to download the zip file for ANNIE.GHO.

Note: this thread will be now closed. 

Thanks for patience, 
    Acer-Manny
This discussion has been closed.