Which one is better predator helios 500 amd or intel

ercioo
ercioo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello guys i am looking for answer to this question for few days and noone can give me straight answer, if i am looking for benchmarks almost in every game helios with amd have more fps than others laptops with gtx 1070m and i7 even it sometimes outperforming rtx 2070m so i think the amd version is beast. Is it possible to overclock CPU and GPU in amd model? 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night ercioo !

Many Intel instructions and technologies are only compatible with NVidia GPUs.
    As well as AMD has greater compatibility with Radeon.

So the ideal is that the machine tnhea this combination:
    Intel + Nvidia or AMD + Radeon

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited April 2019
    @ercioo depends on what you want to do with it the Ryzen its great for rendering and the intel its better for gaming also the ryzen you can upgrade the cpu but you only have one nvme and the intel you cant upgrade and you have 2 x nvme so both are great beats as i said depends on what you plan to do and i am not sure but i think that yes you can overclock both on the ryzen version

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,074 Pathfinder
    MaClane said:
    Good night ercioo !

This is not the reason. This isn't true that Intel works best with Nvidia GPUs and AMD CPUs work best with AMD GPUs. If this was true that means if you move an Nvidia GPU from Intel to AMD, it won't perform as well, which doesn't happen. Same thing goes if you move an AMD GPU from AMD CPU to Intel.

There could be several reasons why laptops have AMD with Radeon, but this is not one of them.

The Intel/Nvidia Helios 500 has 2 USB TypeC and both of them have thunderbolt, while the AMD Helios has 2 Regular 3.1 Type C ports. 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited April 2019
    ven98 said:
    MaClane said:
    Good night ercioo !

This is not the reason. This isn't true that Intel works best with Nvidia GPUs and AMD CPUs work best with AMD GPUs. If this was true that means if you move an Nvidia GPU from Intel to AMD, it won't perform as well, which doesn't happen. Same thing goes if you move an AMD GPU from AMD CPU to Intel.

There could be several reasons why laptops have AMD with Radeon, but this is not one of them.

The Intel/Nvidia Helios 500 has 2 USB TypeC and both of them have thunderbolt, while the AMD Helios has 2 Regular 3.1 Type C ports. 
    @ven98 i completely agree with your statement as you said it has nothing to do with it as in desktops they both work well with each other and the same for laptops i suspect the reason its to just stick to one brand on laptops (AMD) for ex amd with amd as this would be an exclusive model and cpu upgreadable and yes i forgot to mention the difference in the usb/usb-c ports on both models :) and this is the way it is you cant have the best of both worlds or else there wouldnt be competition between the models this is why one has some features and the other has other personally i would go for the Ryzen just because the cpu can be upgraded its a huge feature on gaming laptops these days and one nvme would be more than enough (altough i wouldnt use it :p my wd blue 2tb its more than enough regarding speed to me)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• MaClane
    ven98 disse:
    MaClane said:
    Good night ercioo !

Nope.

I am Systems Analyst, IT Consultant, graduated in Information Security.
    I have worked in several areas and have the property to affirm my position.

There are several proprietary instructions from Intel and Nvidia that AMD and Radeon do not have.
    In this scenario, to try to bypass, they are emulated.

As for example the SSE4 in which AMD for not having access to the technology ended up emulating creating the instruction SSE4a that is but mini set of adaptations.

It is already known that several technologies developed by Intel have partnership of Nvidia and therefore of greater compatibility

In a number of laboratory tests, with a controlled environment, developed scenarios and methodologies applied in our company, we prove that the sets of instructions, APIs and libraries used by Intel have broad compatibility with Nvidia, as well as AMD for Radeon.

Not that the reverse does not work.
    However some errors of interpretation between CPU and GPU, renderings, micro delays and in some cases (mainly games), serious bugs occur.

In addition, whoever searches for final set speed, the best option is AMD + Radeon.
    Anyone looking for greater compatibility of technology and support, Intel and NVidia is the choice.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,074 Pathfinder
    edited April 2019
    I have done simple game tests and there is no difference in GPU performance(frame time consistency and fps) when pairing AMD GPU with Nvidia and AMD with AMD(even in some cases Intel AMD performed better, but that was within a margin error). Same goes for Nvidia with Intel and AMD CPU.

EDIT: the CPUs tested were ryzen 1700(with 6 active cores) and intel i7 8700k(with capped frequency to match the AMD). All tests were GPU bound, so no CPU bottleneck. Unfortunately, I don't have screenshots to proof.

GPUs: Nvidia GTX 980 and RX 470

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• MaClane
    It is not a matter of bottlenecks, but of technical compatibilities, internal instructions, APIs, libraries and controllers.
    These are much more technical questions than simple tests can check.

For standard users, apparently there is no apparent error, but they show up when games crash, unexpected errors occur, seemingly "unsolved" problems that are actually due to this combination of "
    they do not talk to each other" technologies.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™