Swift 1 SF114-32-P30S

I want to upgrade the storage of my laptop. I followed instructions in Youtube about opening the back cover but their's seems to be of different layout that mine. In the tutorials they also used an M.2 SSD with the two notch or cuts/spacing through the pins that separates them in three groups.
The SSD slot in mine looks like there's only one divider that separates a group of 29 pins to the left, and 4 pins to the right (please see attached pictures).
I wish to be enlightened as to what SSD should i buy for this model. I'm a little bit newbee on tinkering laptops. I only relied on watching Youtube instructions and lots of courage to do it. Thank you for any assistance.

Best Answer

• IVAN_PCIVAN_PC ACE Posts: 6,017 Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer

If accurate, you can place with B and M keys, but most of these are SATA3 technology, better buy a M key, which are PCIe.

I understand that the capacity must be respected to 256 GB.

Regards.

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.

FAQ & Answers

• Jack22Jack22 ACE Posts: 2,304 Pathfinder
    @jp_d_cruz
    In order to install M.2 please check the below link:
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61148

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    edited February 2019
    Hi.

Your team has a socket, for a PCIe key M, here is a compatible link.
    Storage Subsystem0
    Solid state drive
    256 GB, PCIe Gen3, 8 Gb/s up to 4 lanes, NVMe
    128 GB / 256 GB, SATA 6 Gb/s
    64 GB eMMC

These ssd m2 are detailed in the manual, with B and M also compatible.

Regards.

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.
  • jp_d_cruzjp_d_cruz Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Jack22 said:
    @jp_d_cruz
    In order to install M.2 please check the below link:
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61148

Thank you. This instruction, i might need for later but it's not the answer i'm looking for at this time.

Tinkerer

IVAN_PC said:
    Hi.

Your team has a socket, for a PCIe key M, here is a compatible link.
    Storage Subsystem0
    Solid state drive
    256 GB, PCIe Gen3, 8 Gb/s up to 4 lanes, NVMe
    128 GB / 256 GB, SATA 6 Gb/s
    64 GB eMMC

These ssd m2 are detailed in the manual, with B and M also compatible.

Regards.
    Thank you IVAN_PC. Does that mean i can also install the SSD with two cut-out/spacing in the port shown in the picture i posted? Can i only install maximum of 256GB or can i put 1TB also? 
    Accepted Answer

If accurate, you can place with B and M keys, but most of these are SATA3 technology, better buy a M key, which are PCIe.

Regards.

Tinkerer

IVAN_PC said:

Regards.

Ok Thank you. I'll try to research what those terms means. They are still jargon to me.

Here is a small information.

Tinkerer

Thanks to IVAN_PC, although he suggested 256GB,  I decided to purchase a WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD M.2 2280, 1TB. It is detected instantly by Swift 1.

Note: Fastened it up by tape, because i don't have screw for it.

I also followed Jack22's post in the migration of windows from the original drive. It worked and booted but some of my programs didn't work. And i encountered some crash with blue screen. So, with the help of youtube tutorials, i purchased windows 10 and did a fresh installation.

Just finished installing windows 10. 

I can close this thread now.
  • MateyahoyMateyahoy Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have the same laptop and was thinking of adding a 1tb drive also. I'm just wondering if the 256 recommendation was because of heat. Would a 1tb be much hotter than a 256. The Western Digital Blue are noted to run a little cooler.
  • MateyahoyMateyahoy Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited May 2019
    I went ahead and installed the 1 Terabyte it works great. I did go down to the local computer repair place. They gave me a screw to hold the SSD in place, so I didn't have to use tape.

I've formatted the drive to 300 and 700 gigs, I'll load the operating system on the 300 and she'll be an awesome machine. Thanks for the idea JP.