what memory cards can I buy for my v3 731(acer v3-731-4634)

Options
jeffjebnn
jeffjebnn Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an acer v3-731-4634
the serial number begins NXM34AA

It says I have 4 gb.  What can I specifically buy to upgrade to the maximum.  SOme places it says max is 8 gb abd some say 16 gb, so I am confused as to what I actually can buy for this laptop to give it the maximum memory.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,067 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hello,
    According to the Acer specs, the maximum memory amount is 16GB - DDR3 - 1333/1600MHz for a dual core so you can buy Crucial memory modules. FYI, Intel gives the same amount for your processor.
    France
  • jeffjebnn
    edited February 2019
    Options
    When I went to crucial the onlien chat said the maximum was 8 gb.  The llink to Crucial that you supplied also says "Maximum Memory: 8GB"  So why are you saying the maximum is 16gb?  
  • laurent_14
    Options
    Sorry. The amount stated on the Crucial website comes from the datasheet but this one is wrong. It's the maximum supported per slot and not the total amount for a dual core. Here are the official specs:

France
  • jeffjebnn
    Options
    ok.  i opened the back. i have two slots. one is empty and one has a 4 gb card.  So I can just buy two 8 gb cards and put them in? Thanks for your help so far!
  • laurent_14
    Options
    jeffjebnn said:
    So I can just buy two 8 gb cards and put them in?
    Yes exactly.
    France
  • jeffjebnn
    Options
    SOrry again - looks like that link to crucial they do not appear to sell 8 gb cards - the maximum on that page is 4 gb cards so I guess this laptop can take a maximum of 8 gb total after all.  Weird for a laptop to only allow such a low amount of ram....
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,067 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hello,
    Sorry for the delay. Could you give the first ten characters of the motherboard serial number? You'll find like this:
    1. Run Command Prompt
    2. Type this command: wmic baseboard get serialnumber
    3. Hit [Enter]
    4. Note the first ten
    5. Type Exit and hit [Enter] to quit Command Prompt
    It should start with NBRYR11001. I found 2 original memory modules of 8GB for this series so... One on ebay: Link
    France