what memory cards can I buy for my v3 731(acer v3-731-4634)

jeffjebnn
jeffjebnn Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an acer v3-731-4634
the serial number begins NXM34AA

It says I have 4 gb.  What can I specifically buy to upgrade to the maximum.  SOme places it says max is 8 gb abd some say 16 gb, so I am confused as to what I actually can buy for this laptop to give it the maximum memory.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    Hello,
    According to the Acer specs, the maximum memory amount is 16GB - DDR3 - 1333/1600MHz for a dual core so you can buy Crucial memory modules. FYI, Intel gives the same amount for your processor.
    France
  • jeffjebnn
    edited February 2019
    When I went to crucial the onlien chat said the maximum was 8 gb.  The llink to Crucial that you supplied also says "Maximum Memory: 8GB"  So why are you saying the maximum is 16gb?  
  • Sorry. The amount stated on the Crucial website comes from the datasheet but this one is wrong. It's the maximum supported per slot and not the total amount for a dual core. Here are the official specs:

France
  • jeffjebnn
    ok.  i opened the back. i have two slots. one is empty and one has a 4 gb card.  So I can just buy two 8 gb cards and put them in? Thanks for your help so far!
  • jeffjebnn said:
    So I can just buy two 8 gb cards and put them in?
    Yes exactly.
    France
  • jeffjebnn
    SOrry again - looks like that link to crucial they do not appear to sell 8 gb cards - the maximum on that page is 4 gb cards so I guess this laptop can take a maximum of 8 gb total after all.  Weird for a laptop to only allow such a low amount of ram....
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    Hello,
    Sorry for the delay. Could you give the first ten characters of the motherboard serial number? You'll find like this:
    1. Run Command Prompt
    2. Type this command: wmic baseboard get serialnumber
    3. Hit [Enter]
    4. Note the first ten
    5. Type Exit and hit [Enter] to quit Command Prompt
    It should start with NBRYR11001. I found 2 original memory modules of 8GB for this series so... One on ebay: Link
    France