I modified Predator Sense... works on any Predator system

Red-Sand
Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
So.. I figured out a way to alter the overclock and undervolt values of Predator Sense.
As well as enable undervolt for the Predator Sense on models that don't have XTU profiles built in (Built in undervolt & power limits via XTU profiles using P-Sense's XTUService).
For my model (PH317-51 Helios 300) the Predator Sense built in OC gave me +50 clock and +50 mem on "Turbo".
Which makes no sense given the Aeroblades and 17" chassis. 

I think this is super helpful for guys like me who don't want Predator Sense + MSI Afterburner + Throttlestop or XTU to all be running and can simply have Predator Sense govern all my tweaks in one place/startup application. Since Predator Sense auto boots on startup having these tweaks built in just works good.
If your a minimalist then this is definitely worth checking out.

I do not work for Acer and this may very well be frowned upon by them... but this is a P2P forum so here goes.

*DISCLAIMER*

Please do NOT go modifying values without researching WHAT your modifying and finding out what safe values are for your CPU & GPU.
I am NOT responsible for you issues coming from users inputting in the wrong information without researching/testing FIRST.
Entering the wrong values in the places mentioned in the video could cause instability and other more serious headaches.
I am merely offering this to help alleviate background processes & services to a all in one application.

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN6i_H-sj1k
- Hotel Hero

Comments

• Matck06
    Matck06 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    hi, in my opinion Msi afterburner can always be used because for me the overclock works very well in benchmark but on a use in games the frequency never stays high, I prefer undervolt the Gpu gtx 1070(helios 500) at 0.931mv 1911mhz with an oc Vram memory of + 220 which gives a graphical score of 19,000 on firestrike is the frequency stays between 1873 and 1898mhz after 1h of games (59-60 ° gpu / 73 cpu max after 1h of games tomb raider shadow in ultra)
  • Red-Sand
    edited February 2019
    Matck06 said:
    hi, in my opinion Msi afterburner can always be used because for me the overclock works very well in benchmark but on a use in games the frequency never stays high, I prefer undervolt the Gpu gtx 1070(helios 500) at 0.931mv 1911mhz with an oc Vram memory of + 220 which gives a graphical score of 19,000 on firestrike is the frequency stays between 1873 and 1898mhz after 1h of games (59-60 ° gpu / 73 cpu max after 1h of games tomb raider shadow in ultra)

Interesting.. 
    For me simply using PredSenese to OC allows me to put +200 on the clocks and + 800 mem which has me at about 2100mhz OC and GPu temps never surpass 56 C.

I also like the fact I can set my macro buttons to switch between stock clocks and turbo mode without needing a macro or key binding or leaving the game im playing (Also Helios 500).
    - Hotel Hero
  • Red-Sand
    P.S. My graphical score on firestrike is about 19484.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Matck06

Tinkerer

Hello everyone, then I do not know if you with the updates my graphic score on firestrike does not exceed 18.400 with +210 +500 vram? What are you getting now because I hesitate to reinstall Windows. Thank you
  • Red-Sand
    Matck06 said:
    Hello everyone, then I do not know if you with the updates my graphic score on firestrike does not exceed 18.400 with +210 +500 vram? What are you getting now because I hesitate to reinstall Windows. Thank you
    It's most likely the driver version you're using.
    The latest Nvidia drivers are catered to the latest AAA game and most of the time they are not the best performing for benchmarks.
    Your score is perfectly fine.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Matck06

Tinkerer

Yes you are right because my time spy score is almost the same while the firestrike score has dropped slightly.
  • belik
    belik Member Posts: 397 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited December 2019
    @Red-Sand nice video I hope it will work on newest models
    few notes so far
    1) on your video you mention the file PredatorSense.config while it is PredatorSense.ini 
    2) you can disable changing PL1 and PL2 from PredatorSense, there is such settings, so switching profiles won’t change your custom values
    3) in PH315-52 I can increase PL1 from 45 to 56W only but not higher than that, no matter what I tried even unlocked bios not helpful in it. Any idea where this limit is set else?
    4) instead of take ownership, you can just delete file and create new one with same name)
  • belik
    belik Member Posts: 397 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited December 2019
    Well I can confirm, in case with PH315-52 the replacing xtu profiles doesn’t work. It is like xtu files shipped by Acer are different than the ones saved from Xtu app.
    if you just rename turbo xtu to normal, it accepted. But anything from Xtu app will be ignired

And I didn’t try with coffee filter coz it can prevent airflow which is already barely acceptable 
  • BreadOfTruth
    BreadOfTruth Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello Red Sand, I've been following your videos on youtube for quite awhile now, I have a predator helios 300 G3-571 i7-7700hq +1060 6gb, I undervolted with XTU and edited the registry to show the OC on Predator Sense, i also recently repasted with thermal grizzly and my temps dropped pretty good to a stable 85 on CPU and 80 on GPU while playing warzone on ultra settings.
     I'm very interested on the turbo values for predator sense, could you help me out? I thought there was a link on the video but I couldnt find it.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited July 2020
    BreadOfTruth dont use xtu use TS instead check here also u dont need to change anything on PS doesnt over clock the dgpu by much u can barely feel it use MSI AB to overclock/undervolt the gpu instead thats the proper way to correctly do it

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/