Windows 10 doesn't boot PH315-51

Answers

• nabaski
    nabaski Member Posts: 43 Troubleshooter
    edited February 2019
    ven98 said:
    nabaski said:
    ven98 said:
    Just so if you wander my suggestions was to look into troubleshoot settings, where you probably will find the option for windows restore. If a change in the OS was indeed made by the iRST, then windows restore should work, as suggested previously by @JackE .
    The startup troubleshooting doesn't do anything, after loading for a bit it says it couldn't repare my pc and lets me choose to either turn off the computer or go back to advanced settings. It also says "registry file:" but with nothing next to it. As for the system restore, it only says I have to specify the windows instalation I want to restore, and suggests me to restart the computer, select an OS and choose system restore 
    Yes, do that and then it will ask you to select a restore point. Once you do that it should begin the process of restore.
    The thing is, when I turn it off and on again it requests me to select a keyboard language again, and sends me back to this menu
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    JackE said:
    nabaski>>>I used the Intel rapid thing to "merge" the ssd with the hdd (it kept popping on my desktop everytime I booted my pc), only to find out I couldn't access the hdd anymore.>>>I didn't change them and nobody used the laptop before me, so I guess so  >>>

Is this machine still under warranty? How long have you had it? Jack E/NJ

I missed that part. If you merged the SSD with the HDD that means you have most likely created a RAID 0 array with iRST. The only way to break the array is to remove the HDD, then re-install the OS on the SSD and after that connect the HDD back and reformat it.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• nabaski
    ven98 said:
    JackE said:
    nabaski>>>I used the Intel rapid thing to "merge" the ssd with the hdd (it kept popping on my desktop everytime I booted my pc), only to find out I couldn't access the hdd anymore.>>>I didn't change them and nobody used the laptop before me, so I guess so  >>>

Is this machine still under warranty? How long have you had it? Jack E/NJ

I missed that part. If you merged the SSD with the HDD that means you have most likely created a RAID 0 array with iRST. The only way to break the array is to remove the HDD, then re-install the OS on the SSD and after that connect the HDD back and reformat it.
    Yeah, I recall seeing something called raid 0
    Will do that as soon as windows finishes downloading (220KBps, welp), so probably tomorrow :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
     nabaski >>>I have it since last September>>>

Did the Intel merge popup always happen since you got the machine last September?
    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nabaski
    edited February 2019
    JackE said:

Did the Intel merge popup always happen since you got the machine last September? Jack E/NJ

Yeah, I'm pretty sure
  • ven98
    I remember around 2-3 years ago I accidentally created RAID 0, because I was constantly getting notifications from RST and had to wipe the SSD and HDD. At least I then managed to create recovery media and back up my files, as I could enter in windows. It seems that changing between the SATA mode option in BIOS did something, which corrupted the OS.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• nabaski
    edited February 2019
    ven98 said:
    I remember around 2-3 years ago I accidentally created RAID 0, because I was constantly getting notifications from RST and had to wipe the SSD and HDD. At least I then managed to create recovery media and back up my files, as I could enter in windows. It seems that changing between the SATA mode option in BIOS did something, which corrupted the OS.
    I suspect that as well, since the first time I changed the sata mode it gave me a BSOD and then, well, rip :P
    im 100% going to deactivate that notification as soon as the problem is solved haha 
  • ven98
    edited February 2019
    I also think the reason you got the BSOD in the first place was because the BIOS wasn't set to RAID.

EDIT:
    and then setting it to AHCI broke the array, which destroyed the windows.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    nabaski said:
    JackE said:

Did the Intel merge popup always happen since you got the machine last September? Jack E/NJ

Yeah, I'm pretty sure

If this is the case, this machine wasn't set up correctly to begin with. If it was my machine, I'd arrange for warranty repair ASAP https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/PT/content/support   Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• nabaski
    ven98 said:
    I also think the reason you got the BSOD in the first place was because the BIOS wasn't set to RAID.

EDIT:
    and then setting it to AHCI broke the array, which destroyed the windows.
    So do I need to take off the hdd before putting the flash drive with the windows installation in my laptop? 
  • ven98
    You don't have to, but I would recommend it just in case if the windows installation is unable to recognise the drives. Make sure secure boot is disabled from BIOS. You can re-enable it after the installation.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• nabaski
    ven98 said:
    You don't have to, but I would recommend it just in case if the windows installation is unable to recognise the drives. Make sure secure boot is disabled from BIOS. You can re-enable it after the installation.

OK, then I only put it back again after the installation. will I be able to save the data I have there? 
  • ven98
    No, as you have created RAID 0 and now it is broken no data can be saved from any of the drives.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• nabaski
    ven98 said:
    No, as you have created RAID 0 and now it is broken no data can be saved from any of the drives.
    So how do I need to format it after I'm done installing? 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited February 2019
    @nabaski raid 0 its just that once one of the drives goes down all is lost (RAID 0 (disk striping) is the process of dividing a body of data into blocks and spreading the data blocks across multiple storage devices, such as hard disks or solid-state drives (SSDs), in a redundant array of independent disks (RAID) group.) there is no way to come out of raid 0 and recover data if the array is broken the blocks are on both drives so no way it can be recovered all data is gone lost forever same as if you split one large file trough multiple rar files and one gets corrupted all the file is gone as one of the parts needed cannot be recovered to extract the full file

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• nabaski
    xapim said:
    @nabaski raid 0 its just that once one of the drives goes down all is lost (RAID 0 (disk striping) is the process of dividing a body of data into blocks and spreading the data blocks across multiple storage devices, such as hard disks or solid-state drives (SSDs), in a redundant array of independent disks (RAID) group.) there is no way to come out of raid 0 and recover data if the array is broken the blocks are on both drives so no way it can be recovered all data is gone lost forever
    Okay, thanks for clearing that up :) 
  • xapim
    edited February 2019
    nabaski said:
    xapim said:
    @nabaski raid 0 its just that once one of the drives goes down all is lost (RAID 0 (disk striping) is the process of dividing a body of data into blocks and spreading the data blocks across multiple storage devices, such as hard disks or solid-state drives (SSDs), in a redundant array of independent disks (RAID) group.) there is no way to come out of raid 0 and recover data if the array is broken the blocks are on both drives so no way it can be recovered all data is gone lost forever
    No worries my advice to everyone is never use raid 0 if you do not need it if you pc comes in raid just try to remove it and reinstall the OS again without raid so you will never loose any data due to broken raid array in my view raid is only to be used by experts and not the average user who might screw it up seems this has been happening a lot with the newer mobos who have raid option in bios if i had one of those first thing i would do is to remove raid and uninstall intel rst as it's not needed to avoid more issues and do not forget to change the bios to ahci if you are one of those who is interested in removing it

If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Acer support:

• nabaski
    xapim said:
    nabaski said:
    xapim said:
    No worries my advice to everyone is never use raid 0 if you do not need it if you pc comes in raid just try to remove it and reinstall the OS again without raid so you will never loose any data due to broken raid array in my view raid is only to be used by experts and not the average user who might screw it up seems this has been happening a lot with the newer mobos who have raid option in bios if i had one of those first thing i would do is to remove raid and uninstall intel rst as it's not needed to avoid more issues and do not forget to change the bios to ahci if you are one of those who is interested in removing it
    I might look at that later. so in the windows installation, do I choose only to install windows or to install windows AND to keep files, settings and apps? I'm almost sure it's the first one, but I really want to be cautious here 
  • xapim
    edited February 2019
    If you want a clean install do not keep files (recommended but backup what you need first) if you want to keep your files just keep them but might not solve some issues you might had before but the raid was broken so all the files u had are gone anyway check your bios first and try to swapp to ahci and see if you can still access acer factory recovery partition ALT+F10 on boot if not you will have to install on rst as usual just make sure when you boot into windows its not in raid already and remove/disable intel rst so you wont have anymore issues anyway see how it goes it's a trial and error keep trying untill it goes right :)

Acer support:

• nabaski
    xapim said:
    If you want a clean install do not keep files (recommended but backup what you need first) if you want to keep your files just keep them but might not solve some issues you might had before but the raid was broken so all the files u had are gone anyway check your bios first and try to swapp to ahci and see if you can still access acer factory recovery partition ALT+F10 on boot if not you will have to install on rst as usual just make sure when you boot into windows its not in raid already and remove/disable intel rst so you wont have anymore issues anyway see how it goes it's a trial and error keep trying untill it goes right :)
    Do I need to change it to ahci before installing windows?