Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Should i install drivers fo NVIDIA Geforce MX150 from acer website or NVIDIA website?

Abhishek19Abhishek19 Posts: 20Member Troubleshooter
The driver from acer has been causing "Bad pool header" from a while and i've disabled it from device manager to stop that. Will the driver from NVIDIA solve that?

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 17,091ACE Trailblazer
    What is you full ACER model number? Jack E/NJ
  • Abhishek19Abhishek19 Posts: 20Member Troubleshooter
    JackE said:
    What is you full ACER model number? Jack E/NJ
    It's an Acer swift 3 SF315-51G-57QM
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in the left pane. Click 'system restore' button. Click 'next'. Restore the system from the latest automatic Win10 update restore point that caused the problems. Wait till a future automatic Win10 update seems to fix the issue. If it happens again, we can try to temporarily block the offending update. Jack E/NJ  
    JackE said: 
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in the left pane. Click 'system restore' button. Click 'next'. Restore the system from the latest automatic Win10 update restore point that caused the problems. Wait till a future automatic Win10 update seems to fix the issue. If it happens again, we can try to temporarily block the offending update. Jack E/NJ  
    I think I will have to wait for next windows update. I reinstalled windows 10 pro with the latest update so restore point isn't an option. I've disabled the NVIDIA driver from control panel and since then there is no error. Why do you think the error happened?
    Abhishek19>>> It used to work fine until I updated the latest windows update>>>

It used to work fine on what? Jack E/NJ

JackE said:
    Abhishek19>>> It used to work fine until I updated the latest windows update>>>

It used to work fine on what? Jack E/NJ

I mean that there were no "Bad pool header" error before the latest commutative updates.
    Did you do an image backup or save the earlier pro installation media before you re-installed with the new media? Jack E/NJ
    JackE said:
    Did you do an image backup or save the earlier pro installation media before you re-installed with the new media? Jack E/NJ
    Unfortunately NO :anguished:
    Awww! How about downloading and trying iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it'll pick up something better? https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php Jack E/NJ

JackE said:
    Awww! How about downloading and trying iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it'll pick up something better? https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php Jack E/NJt
    Okay! I'm gonna try this.
    PS: Thank you for helping :)
    Okay! I'm gonna try this.
    PS: Thank you for helping