Is there a need of setting the CPU power limit to max?

Options
2»

Answers

• predatorofman
    predatorofman Member Posts: 62 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    ven98 said:
    You can open to the XTU profile from the PR folder to see what the values set are and then apply the same values on a new profile.
    Thank you! But is there some easier and faster way for this?
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I don't think there is. I think this way is pretty quick. Acer could have made it much harder and complicated.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• predatorofman
    Options
    Ok,thank you very much! :)
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    Red-Sand said:
    You can also navigate to C:/ProgramData/OEM/PredatorSense/i7-8750H
    And edit the XTU profiles here and set the undervolt to that of your liking.

I personally think -0.160 is too low for this chip and would recommend going -0.140.
    I am facing a problem,I can't save the XTU profiles which I have edited.

Any help please?

Ok so what you can do is open a profile then save the profile on the right next to the yellow "Apply" button after you make changes, then when it prompts you to name the profile name it something like "NormalNew" or "TurboNew" etc. Then navigate to the location I mentioned above and save the profile there.
    Or you can go to the profile section in XTU and select the profile then "export" it to the folder.

Note: I recommend not changing anything in the "Normal" profile except the undervolt.

Next navigate back to the Predator Sense folder and rename the profile you're replacing to something like "NormalOld" or "TurboOld" etc.
    Then move the old profiles somewhere safe as a backup.

Then rename the ones you just exported to the folder from "NormalNew" to > "Normal".
    Then just reboot.
    - Hotel Hero
  • predatorofman
    Options
    Thank you so much! 😃