Temperature gaming acer predator ph317-52

wilkeeh
wilkeeh Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, since yesterday im a proud owner of this beautifull gaming laptop, but i am a little bit worried about the temps while gaming, when i play games like Rainbow six siege i get cpu temps between 80-90c, is this normal? when i play Battlefield V on Ultra it even goes 90+ and fans are blowing crazy. i see many things like undervolt but i dont want to lose my warranty, so i dont know if thats the solution. also im using a laptop cooler ( wich not cool much but it does a little bit) do i need to worry about this or can someone help me / give advice? Thank you.

Best Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,651 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @wilkeeh
    That temp is normal for predator.
    Predator and Nitro products are engineered to withstand higher operating temperatures than traditional notebooks. These systems include features that help with cooling and heat dispersion. The CPU and GPU are designed to handle temperature spikes in excess of 98 degrees Celsius without causing damage to the components. It is common for PC temperatures to spike temporarily during heavy gaming or graphic usage. If the system encounters excessive temperatures that could damage the hardware, it will automatically shut down to protect the components from becoming damaged.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @wilkeeh

The following symptoms may be indicators of a system that is overheating and requires repair:

1. System shut downs due to high temperatures.
    2. System components reaching temperatures that are too hot to touch.
    3. Extended periods of operation where the temperature is greater than 98 degrees Celsius. This does not include temporary spikes in temperature.

Answers

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @wilkeeh
    Predator and Nitro products are engineered to withstand higher operating temperatures than traditional notebooks. These systems include features that help with cooling and heat dispersion. The CPU and GPU are designed to handle temperature spikes in excess of 98 degrees Celsius without causing damage to the components. It is common for PC temperatures to spike temporarily during heavy gaming or graphic usage. If the system encounters excessive temperatures that could damage the hardware, it will automatically shut down to protect the components from becoming damaged.

• wilkeeh

Tinkerer

Jack22 said:
    @wilkeeh

Thankyou for your very fast reply, whats the max temp the cpu can handle before it gets TOO hot?
    So i dont have to worry about these cpu temps?
  • Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @wilkeeh

The following symptoms may be indicators of a system that is overheating and requires repair:

1. System shut downs due to high temperatures.
    2. System components reaching temperatures that are too hot to touch.
    3. Extended periods of operation where the temperature is greater than 98 degrees Celsius. This does not include temporary spikes in temperature.
  • wilkeeh

Tinkerer

Great! Thanks again for your very fast reply and help.
  • MrGrudev
    MrGrudev Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    The temperatures may be acceptable but lower is better. Read this threat, it’s for the same model as yours and you can reduce the temperatures significantly. Good luck
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/546499/undervolting-i7-8750h/p1
  • wilkeeh

Tinkerer

little update:
    ive undervolted my cpu and my max cpu temp has decreased from +- 90c to 80-85