4G RAM to 8G RAM Veriton X2630G

Lionheart
Lionheart Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hi there. We have Acer Veriton X2630G. It is 4G RAM and we added 1 4G RAM for a total of 8G RAM. Some units works perfectly, but some it's just black out. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,074 Pathfinder
    Are the RAM modules you have added of the same kind or they differ? 

If it is a latency issue you can try swapping the places of the modules. If that doesn't work remove the old RAM and try turning the PC on with a single module of the new RAM on the 1st slot on which the old module was connected.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Lionheart
    ven98 said:
    Are the RAM modules you have added of the same kind or they differ? 

If it is a latency issue you can try swapping the places of the modules. If that doesn't work remove the old RAM and try turning the PC on with a single module of the new RAM on the 1st slot on which the old module was connected.

Hi ven98. RAM are the same modules. I tried everything except for BIOS upgrade. There is BIOS upgrade in ACER's site but there was an error when I tried running it.
  • ven98
    To check current BIOS version in RUN enter msinfo32. The info is located in system summary. 

If your BIOS' version begins with P11 that means P11.B3 is what you should install. If it starts with P21, then you should install P21.B4.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Lionheart
    ven98 said:
    To check current BIOS version in RUN enter msinfo32. The info is located in system summary. 

If your BIOS' version begins with P11 that means P11.B3 is what you should install. If it starts with P21, then you should install P21.B4.
    Hi ven98. My Bios version is P11-B4. The one from Acer site is P11-A0. I got error like, "4 - Error: ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID". Is there any sites that I can download the BIOS upgrade? Thanks!
  • ven98
    It seems you have the newest BIOS version, that is why it doesn't let you to upgrade to P11-A0(in this case it is downgrade).

About the RAM issue have you tried running the new RAM alone in the system?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system