Touchpad not working Acer VN7-591g

Mjoelln
Mjoelln Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hello everyone!
I'm having trouble with my laptop touchpad (as in the title, it is a Acer aspire V-nitro: VN7-591g). The Touchpad is not working anymore. I'm quite desperate because I already tried a lot of things to get it working again.
1. FN+F7 doesnt change a thing
2. Touchpad is not displayed in the device manager
3. Touchpad driver of acer support page downloaded and installed
4. Touchpad not working for linux (ubuntu  18.04) as well
5. No Touchpad "Advanced"/"Basic" option in the bios
6. Bios is up to date (v1.15)
7. Bought a new Touchpad + cable (original supply, not used/suspicious ebay sellor) and replaced it
If someone has an idea what to tackle next, I'd love if I missed a simple trick which solves my problem :)
I find strange, that there is no Touchpad option in the bios, is this maybe the problem?
If I remeber correctly, the touchpad is not working anymore since I had a bluescreen. Did something may have reset and deactivated the TP somehow? Or could the mainboard be damaged (as I replaced touchpad+TP-cable I doubt this could be the issue)?
I really would appreciate any idea you might have.

{ edited the title to add model name } 

Answers

• Hi! Can you tell the bios version? Have you checked that the touchpad is shown as hidden devices?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mjoelln

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Thanks for the help! I attached the snapshot. There is not Touchpad listed as not enabled or so. The Bios version is v 1.15 (I just double checked in the Bios).
  • Some of those mouse drivers that are hidden is related to the touchpad! Click on them and see if any of these drivers shows any error code!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mjoelln

Tinkerer

I doubt it is a driver problem in windows, as the TP doesn't work under linux neither. I checked all the hidden devices and all say they weren't connected.
  • OK! Try these steps:
    1) Disable quick power-up initialization and turn off the notebook completely:

2) Unplug the notebook from the power outlet and press this reset button for five seconds:

Then leave the notebook off for five minutes and test!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Mjoelln

Tinkerer

This as well didn't help. I also already opened up the whole thing and got the battery on the mainboard out to reset the bios. Is there a way to test the mainboard itself, so i could notice if a circuit is damaged or so? Because this really appears to be plausible I guess. Thank you for all your effort!
  • OK! I suggest you try reinstalling the factory operating system. To do this, restart the notebook and keep pressing the alt + f10 keys before the Acer logo!
    That way we can rule out the possibility of being a problem in hardware or windows!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jaime1
    jaime1 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    i have this problem too 
    i did everything like mjoelln
  • jaime1
    nothing works

• jaime1
    i reset my computer to factory state
  • Mjoelln

Tinkerer

Hi jaime,
    i was able to solve the issue. It was a defect touchpad in my case. I replaced the touchpad once before, but it seems like there was a new revision, and that one did not work for me. Replacing the touchpad again (this time with the right revision) it worked.

• jaime1
    my original touchpad was black edition but the new onw isn`t
  • jaime1
    u think i have to buy the same one ? 
  • Have you tried to disconnect and reconnect the touchpad?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Mjoelln

Tinkerer

jaime1 said:
    my original touchpad was black edition but the new onw isn`t
    Hi, sorry I was busy the last days. I have my original (but broken) touchpad here, and the first replacement that I bought. I only later realized that they have different numbers (06RevA originally, 07RevA for the replacement). I assume that was my problem after replacing. The replacement also has the "black edition" logo, but did not work. Only the second replacement then worked again (with the number matching the original).

• jaime1
    edited January 2021
    I bought the same model
     i will try buy the touchpad  flex cable , but i don`t know where 
  • Makhuwira
    Makhuwira Member Posts: 1 New User
    Facing the same problem but seems the main problem is not the hardware but the drivers
  • jaime1
    honestly i tkink like you

• jaime1
    Have you tried to disconnect and reconnect the touchpad?
    it was the first thing I did
  • Bonkerz
    Bonkerz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Does anybody know what acer laptop M2 screw size is for the trackpad area