I'm having trouble with my laptop touchpad (as in the title, it is a Acer aspire V-nitro: VN7-591g). The Touchpad is not working anymore. I'm quite desperate because I already tried a lot of things to get it working again.
1. FN+F7 doesnt change a thing
2. Touchpad is not displayed in the device manager
3. Touchpad driver of acer support page downloaded and installed
4. Touchpad not working for linux (ubuntu 18.04) as well
5. No Touchpad "Advanced"/"Basic" option in the bios
6. Bios is up to date (v1.15)
7. Bought a new Touchpad + cable (original supply, not used/suspicious ebay sellor) and replaced it
If someone has an idea what to tackle next, I'd love if I missed a simple trick which solves my problem
I find strange, that there is no Touchpad option in the bios, is this maybe the problem?
If I remeber correctly, the touchpad is not working anymore since I had a bluescreen. Did something may have reset and deactivated the TP somehow? Or could the mainboard be damaged (as I replaced touchpad+TP-cable I doubt this could be the issue)?
I really would appreciate any idea you might have.