Swift SF314-54 Keyboard issue - Windows 10 -a, n, x, c, f failing to work - laptop new August 2018

Paul101
Paul101 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/acer-laptop-keyboard-not-working-solved/
The suggestion to uninstall the "Standard PS/2 keyboard" driver via the Device Manager (Right click "This PC" in File Explorer\Manage\Device Management\Keyboards), and then restart solved the issue completely.  Restarting the system will reinstall the same Standard PS/2 keyboard driver.  The fix did not involve any download from drivereasy.com.  The correct driver is already on the system apparently.

Here is the rest of the story... 
This is just amazing.  Last night our Acer Swift failed to take input from the a, n, x, c, f keys.  The rest of the keys worked fine.
A wireless external keyboard worked fine with all keys.  The onscreen keyboard worked fine.  We called Acer Tech support.  The suggested
troubleshooting was to complete a system restore using the left shift key and restart under the Start button.  We completed the both restores 1st keeping files and 2nd removing all files.  This was only solution offered by the Acer Technician absent sending the unit in for repair. 

Googling the issue produced solutions involving various tasks including the "easy of access" settings for the keyboard, power button resets, the pin hole battery reset (on the back side).  While there was a temporary resolution for all of the keys except the "n" key, the "n" refused to repeat until after the above PS/2 was removed and re-installed.  Other of the above listed keys would start working again temporarily, but not continually.

We will see how long this fix last.  It has persisted during creation of this post and reboot of the system.
Hopefully, this post will save other individuals the time and delay associated with this issue.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>We will see how long this fix last.  It has persisted during creation of this post and reboot of the system.>>>

Thanks for the report and persistence. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Report back if it acts up again. Thanks Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• super_dreamer
    super_dreamer Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have met the identical problem and it made me angry. I hope some effective ways to solve the serious error!
  • JackE
    super_dreamer
    So have you uninstalled the KB driver yet from Device Manager? Then re-boot the computer and let Windows automatically re-install the driver? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• super_dreamer

Yes, as shown in the figure,but it is no use. I am just typing this text on the screen keyboard...
  • JackE
    When did you acquire this laptop? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• super_dreamer
    November, one month ago.
  • JackE
    Check with your vendor/seller if it's too late to return the machine with a defective keyboard for a refund or exchange. If it can't be returned to the vendor for a refund or exchange, then quickly arrange for warranty repair service at this link https://www.acer.com.cn/support.html?type=1  Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• I know it's an old topic but this user has found a possible solution: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/572185/swift-3-sf314-54-keyboard-problem-potential-solution
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)